“Unimpressed.”

The Other Fish
Ranked #82 of 366 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Interesting menu and very good service; unfortunately, the food did not live up to expectations. Ordered several different types of rolls, including the night's special, and miso soup. Miso soup was excellent-- generous portion size, hot, and flavorful. It went downhill from there-- the taste of each roll was indistinguishable, as they all involved some kind of sauce that detracted from the taste of the fish. Speaking of fish, there really wasn't much in each roll-- think mashed/ground fish mixed with mayo or spicy tuna sauce, rather than the slices of fresh, delicious, raw fish that are (in my opinion) the reason to eat sushi. These rolls reminded me of the type you might find at a Chinese buffet-- passable as an entree accompaniment, but in no way worthy to be the centerpiece of a meal. Finally, this is one of the most expensive sushi places in the Valley-- four rolls and two miso soups came to about $56, not including tip, and rolls included only 6 pieces instead of the standard 8. Would not return.

1  Thank MKS236

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We tried this restaurant tonight thanks to restaurant.com.... I had never heard of it. It was AMAZING!!!! The spicy avocado was out of this world and the kamikaze chicken appetizer was sooooo good. Yes it is very small inside and if you are looking for a pretentious atmosphere...it is not for you...but the food more then makes up for any of that. Everyone was super friendly....our new favorite sushi place:):)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a tiny 'hole in the wall' restaurant. Do take out rather than try to eat there because there is no room. Service was very good. Food was good - we had 3 specialty rolls and chicken terriyaki which was forgotten and not made until we ate the rolls. It was fresh and good although. For 3 rolls and the chicken dish the cast was $85 without tip. A bit pricey in my opinion for the food quality and establishment.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This Japanese restaurant is narrow, congested even when empty, and always has a good crowd because their food is fantastic. There is a counter with bar seating (about 8 - 10 stools), a few tables that hold 2 in pretty tight quarters, and one large table in front that could hold perhaps 6. But forget the space -- it's the food. The sushi and sashimi are made by hand in front of you by the owner. Actually, all the food is prepared in front of you because the tiny kitchen is behind the bar. The assortment of rolls (cooked and raw, hot and cold) is impressive, the crab rangoon (which they call crab wontons) is the best I've ever had, and the entrees are excellent -- if you remember to leave room for them. Try the sea bass! (Open only for dinner, by the way, and it's BYOB.)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

What a great, little place...emphasis on little! I went my last night in Bethlehem and had a delicious salad with yummy ginger dressing and the Mi Amore roll which was super tasty. The service was friendly and prompt, and I enjoyed the atmosphere. (I don't quite now how to describe it, but it seemed like they should have been slinging burgers, not sushi...lol.) I overheard the server having a very long, involved discussion with two patrons who were obviously on their first outing for sushi and were very confused/overwhelmed by the choices. She was very patient with them and explained everything really well. I so wish that I had gone to The Other Fish earlier in my trip as I probably would have eaten there multiple times during my stay!