“Best value hotel I have ever stayed in”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Melbourne, Australia
“Best value hotel I have ever stayed in”
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Cheap, very clean,efficient friendly staff, good breakfast and a comfortable bed. Just wt you need for overnight business travel.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mechanicsville, VA
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I've stayed here a few times and the property is clean, quiet and pleasant. I don't usually stay at the Holiday Inn chain, but this hotel is fine and I will stay there again in a few weeks.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JJVA_12
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

I actually don't mind staying at this chain. This hotel is pretty much the same as previous stays at other locations. I like the rooms and find them clean and and having good internet access, which is important when traveling for work. I do find that the breakfast although convenient is OK. The pool was outside so no chance to use it during the spring/winter/fall...

The one thing that I did not like this time was the key lock/handle kept jamming. I had to go down to the front desk after bringing my suitcase up to the third floor only to find that the door just would not open. The key was obviously programmed correctly but the actual door was stuck. I had to go back down to the front desk where they scrambled for someone to help me out. After someone who seemed to have some knowledge in this area came forward and said he could come up and check it out, we went back up. During the travel back up I was told this happens to the doors sometimes and they actually wait and fix a bunch of them at a time instead of doing hem individually as thy come up. I was surprised to see that the door handle required a special movement to open and it was then opened. So, hoping it was somehow a one time deal I said thank you and went to rest .. Long morning of traveling and just wanted to relax an hour. However, this was the norm for the door. Every single time I went back tomyroomihad to fight to get my door opened... And frankly as a woman in a hotel hallway atanight trying to get in my room... I found this annoying. I am planning on evaluating my options for my next business trio back as this was just a pain.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank PollariVacationers
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear PollariVacationers,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry the door for your room was not working correctly. We will address your concerns with the management and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Supply, North Carolina
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way to New England. It was nice, clean and quiet. The staff was helpful and check in and check out was was quick. The breakfast area was clean, there was plenty of seating, and the selection of food was adequate. Internet access was easy with reasonable speed. When in the area, we would definitely come here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Redfish43
Calhoun, GA, USA
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stopped here on our way from GA to NYC. The location is great only about 2 hours from NYC. The price was good and the hotel was very clean. The breakfast buffet in the morning was nice. We only had one complaint, for some reason the front desk staff decided to call one of our 3 rooms late at night and ask who was in the room multiple times. I have contacted the manager and he has assured me that won't happen again. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank dolores193
NJ
Reviewed January 5, 2012

An excellent choice as the hotel is still very new (reads: clean) and competes with Homewood Suites across the road and the old 4-Points Sheraton around the corner. Decent breakfast included with the pancake making machine (all you do is press 1 button). Nice warm fireplace in the lobby/breakfast area. Front Desk was friendly too (with cookies).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank StanC007
Jersey
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We were out in the area completing our dive certification at Dutch Springs a few miles away. Made my reservation directly with the hotel and they were very accommodating. Check in was easy. They made sure we had the wifi password and told us about the breakfast in the morning. Rooms were clean and nice. Free breakfast was a great start to the day. I would reccomend this hotel. Natasha at the front desk had a great personality and truly wanted you to enjoy your stay.

• Stayed November 2011