“Great place and good value”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed May 18, 2011

The room was spacious and comfortable. We were in the area for the Bach Festival and did not use the hotel pool, exercise room, etc., but were very happy with the hot breakfast. There was a special offer of a free light dinner, but we had other plans. We found the location convenient to downtown, but be careful driving downtown, a GPS is recommended, its confusing. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again and I recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chezclark

Reviewed April 20, 2011

I stayed at the Homewood Suites for 5 days and had the worst experience ever at a Hilton chain. The first night I was unable to sleep because of the drive thru window on the other side of the alley outside my room. This particular room was a handicap-accessible one, and I have to say it was not very clean. I switched rooms the next evening upon return form the office, and when I moved to the new room, all of the drawers for the cabinets and nightstands, etc were open. I have stayed at Homewood Suites before, across the country and never had this when I checked in to a room. I called the front desk to question this, thinking it was just fumigated and maybe not quite ready for occupancy, but they said "oh, we always do that". I said really? But I let it go cause I really didn't feel like switching again. So, I kept this room - there really wasn't anything wrong with it otherwise and it was cleaner than the other one. I went to the office the next day, and when I returned, no housekeeping services had been done. I called the front desk to and said that no one came by to tidy up. The front desk clerk just said "oh". Nothing like "I'm sorry" or "do you need any clean towels" or anything even close to that kind of response. I then said that I would like to get on the radar for them to clean my room tomorrow, to which she replied "ok". That was it - no apologies, nothing.

Aside from the above, the hallway carpets were filthy for the entire Monday through Friday stay. They were never vacuumed the whole time I was there - 2nd floor. I saw the same mess all week. Filthy place and horrible customer service. I stayed at the HGI the next time I went in March.

I hope you have a better experience than I did, but please heed this warning if you stay here.

On a positive note, the evening meal was really good - I had salad and a fish fillet with a glass of white wine - much better than I had anticipated.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank GypsyGirlBoston
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I'm formerly from the Lehigh Valley area and we always stay at the Homewood Suites when we're visiting family. We have 3 small boys, and it can be difficult to find lodging with ample room. This place fits the bill. Enormous master with king-size bed, TV and bath. Centrally-situated living room area with TV and access to small dining and kitchen area. Kitchen includes good-sized refrigerator and dishwasher and also essential cookware and dishes. Another large bedroom with 2 queen-size beds, TV and bath. My kids love this place! And it's located close to a large grocery store, restaurants, malls, major highways and, of course, the airport. Also, very comfortable mattresses and bedding!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2010

I travel in excess of 100 days a year, so I stay in alot of hotels. This Homewood is just like the other Homewoods I have stayed in. The entire staff was cordial, including the front desk, breakfast attendant,dinner attendant,and maids. Hiltons checkin online is the best! The rooms have clean and modern accomodations. Stainless steel appliances in the suite kitchen. Bathroom with huge walk-in shower. Lots of Satellite TV channels, but TV is 25 inch tube, no flat panel. Wireless internet worked well. Breakfast is excellent, managers reception food is great considering its free! Where else can you get a free Lemon and pepper encrusted Tilapia dinner included in the price of the room? They had it! Beer and wine included. I stay at Homewoods whenever one is available, and this one did not disappoint.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I was contacted after posting the review below by the manager to make the situation right. After a week or so the manager took care of us. Although we would not stay there again, it is nice to see that this site is monitored and there is still good customer service out there.

Original Review posted:
We drove from Long Island, NY and hit several hours of traffic along the way. We called to let the hotel know that we would be getting in late. We arrived a little after 3am. When we checked in, the front desk person said that we would have to go outside to get to our room, which we all thought was annoying. We headed off to our room, and went to sleep soon after arriving. At 6am, I heard the people in the room adjoining us, like they were in our room, lucky they weren't too loud, and I was able to fall back asleep. Then at 7am, it seemed like someone release a busload of children in our hallway. For the next hour we felt like we had check into a day care. Frustrated and sleepy, we just got up and started getting ready to leave. When I was checking out, I went to the front desk and complained. The front desk person went and got the manager. When she came out to tell me that I should have called the front desk and they could have moved us. Moved us at 6:00am, after 3 hours sleep? She said there was nothing she could do for us, which is pretty funny because on the room key there is a statement that basically says if we can't make it right, we will make it free. I guess that didn't apply to us. We noticed that there was a gym adjoining our room on the other side, which I have never seen a room that was direct against the wall of the gym. This is where some of the children felt the need to play that morning. I have stayed in cheap motels all the way up in price, but this has been the worst for the sound. I doubt there was any insulation in these walls, for the amount of sound that was coming through the walls.

Overall the inside room was nice. It looked modern, and had a nice little kitchen setup, except the fan on the refrig was loud (told the front desk person/manager that too). Bathroom was nice size, and the bed was comfortable. If you can sleep through anything, then go for it, otherwise pick somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaintedCanvas1975
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed here for an extended amount of time... 8 nights while visiting our daughter at nearby Lehigh University. The upside... it's clean and well appointed. The breakfasts are ample as well as their four night per week manager's reception. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The downside... the housekeeping was below average. I felt they did the bare minimum each day. The weekends were filled with families participating in nearby sporting tournaments which resulted in a noisy stay for us on the weekends. Children running up and down the halls and slamming doors. It didn't seem like the hotel staff tried to keep this under control. Fortunately, we weren't around that much for it to bother us but we were fourtunate not to be located on the ground floor.
I would advise this property for people traveling with children. The rooms were good size and well appointed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2010

This is a relatively new property near the Lehigh Valley airport, and close to Allentown and Bethlehem. The suite I had had a small kitchenette, and a separate bedroom. All was spotless. The breakfast selection leaves something to be desired, but the managers' reception Mon-Thu is a great way to get dinner without having to spend anything extra. It's a nice touch at these suite hotels. The TV should be flat panel by now (c'mon, Hilton, cough up the dough). Plus, there's a humungous Wegman's supermarket (hardly the word) nearby at which you can buy all of your week's fixings, and then some. Well-recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business