“Awesome Restaurant”

Corked Wine Bar and Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Corked Wine Bar and Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Macungie, Pennsylvania, Usa
“Awesome Restaurant”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is by far one of the best restaurants around. The atmosphere is incredible and the food spectacular. We were so impressed we came back 2 weeks later and had the same awesome experience. We already have reservations for a 3rd time. The menu has so many different items, I don't think I will ever get bored.

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Good but not Great”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Went for our anniversary because we had gift certificate and heard it was a nice place. Used online reservation. They called day if to confirm. Valet service= $7.
Wife had seafood papilotte. All seafood overdone. Small portion of salmon, 1 scallop cut into thirds and two shrimp. I have NY strip done perfect. Great taste. Wines were very nice. Server Jennifer was great, gave us proper amount of attention. Food was good but not something we could elsewhere for cheaper place.
Too noisy. With the large screen tvs, was it a sports bar?

1 Thank DiggerDan14
Amarillo, Texas, United States
“Romantic Dinner!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I am so glad we decided to eat at Corked! Very nice atmosphere and fantastic service. The wine/beer list is extensive with something for everyone! I recommend the Porterhouse steak. Excellent cut of steak, cooked to perfection. Also the sweet potato fries were to die for!

“Fantastic dinner”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I took my wife here for a surprise birthday dinner. The staff was very polite. Our waiter Dave was great. he knew the menu and wines very well. He had a quick wit and humor. Our food was fantastic. The French onion soup was great. It reminded me of the soup I ate in Paris. The steak and seasoned shrimp was delicious! Dave let us know their deserts were great for sharing. We had the warm apple tart.
This will be one of our new favorites in the Lehigh valley. We can not wait to go back and try other items on the menu!

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Cool, hip and lively...”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

As usual, my wife and I chose this restaurant based on Trip Advisor. We called ahead of time and made a reservation with a friendly female voice. Once we arrived, we were greeted by an extremely friendly hostess and were seated.

We were at a banquette, flaked by an older couple and a younger couple. (This comes into play later).

Tyler was our server. He was a funny young server that seemed to be a little aloof, but I'm pretty sure it was just who he was- he was very friendly and professional and had character. My wife and I checked out the wine list as well as the menu. Both were well put together and had some interesting options for both wine and food.

I opted for a glass of Zin which was nice and went well with my steak and truffled potato wedges. Which, by the way, the steak was cooked perfectly. The wedges were perfectly seasoned with salt and white truffle oil with a hint of fresh Parmesan cheese. Amazing.

My wife had the salmon salad, which she enjoyed thoroughly.

During our meal, the older couple to our left spent a lot of time talking and taking a very long time to eat their appetizers. One those were finished, they ordered salads. When the salads came, the lady returned hers TWICE. For whatever reason. Once they were corrected and finished, the older man next to me began loudly complaining to his female friend that they didn't have their entrees yet. Making note that the couple next to them, meaning US, were half way through our meals. He repeated this several times and even went as far as to point to us!

This was making my wife uncomfortable, and me as well. I am the kind of person that will say something, but my wife gave me the "look" and I chose not to...after a few minutes of further whining by the old guy, he called the server over ( Tyler) and began to give him a earful- making sure, once again that he pointed to us and asked him why the couple next to them was eating and they weren't...Tyler did is best to calm the old man down and handled it very well.

As we were finishing our entrees, the manager came over to the old couple and explained to them that the reason for their food not coming out before ours - was that they had ordered 3 courses each, and returned some items to be re done. He explained nicely about the timing of courses and pointed out the fact that the couple next to them only ORDERED ONE COURSE- of course they would get their entrees before them!

Shortly after the manager left, their food came out, thank god. We were tired of feeling guilty for eating before someone else. The old couple bantered back and forth about events leading up to where they were, Yada, Yada, Yada.

The manager came back a second time to check on them and they seemed a little happier. I saw the manager lean over and say that he was comping their entrees ( or something to that effect) and the old couple seemed very pleased at their accomplishment.

My wife and I looked at each other and she once again gave me that. Same look- as for me to keep my mouth shut. We opted to decline dessert and asked for our bill. Before our bill came, I noticed that the old man was finished with his steak and a had a few scraps of mashed potatoes and broccolini. He rudely asked Tyler to box it up for him and began to critique the bill. I guess you shouldn't throw away free food.

I don't know what his bill was, I don't know if he screwed poor Tyler by tipping on the revised total or what. But I will say that if I had had cash in my pocket, I would have given Tyler $20.00 just in case the old guy shafted him....I didn't have cash, neither did the wife. I only hope that the old guy did the right thing and tipped his server appropriately.

I was in the restaurant business for many years and managed most of them. One thing that I NEVER did was was reward people for bad behavior. Things happen, I get it. But I learned my lesson long ago to not reward these types of people, because it makes them think that's it's ok to go into nice places and act like compete jerks and get away with it while saving a few dollars. I'm not saying the manager did anything wrong at all- he just was just doing what he thought was right with the information he had. We saw more...

Whew! All in all, we had a great time. The food was amazing. The service was great and the show was even better! I truly hope the old guy didn't stiff Tyler...