“Frites with a difference”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Edge Restaurant

Edge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Edge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Spokane, Washington
“Frites with a difference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've dined at Edge for dinner about 4 times now. All business related. Each time it's been excellent.

Service:

Here I would give it a very good rating instead of excellent for one reason. We had a party of 6 which includes a mandatory 20% service charge. It almost felt like they were less attentive knowing the tip was pre-set. It took a bit longer to order and get our check than the other visits I've had with smaller groups. They did have a very large group the night I was there, so perhaps that was the driver.

Food:

Everyone in our party ordered something different and we were all very satisfied with our meals. They have unusual frites I've not had elsewhere. First, they are peeled very thin. Almost as if they were peeled with a potato peeler instead of squared off. Not sure I loved that aspect, but they really had good flavor from the seasonings of truffle salt, parmesan cheese and italian parsely. They stole the show for many of us.

Value:

Given the nice setting, food quality and portion size, it seemed very consistent with the other higher caliber restaurants in the area.

Atmosphere:

This place has an elegant dining area with a big city feel. There was a big party there and it wasn't too noisy. You will not be dissappointed.

As previously mentioned, I've been here several times and on each visit it's been excellent. Their consistency should ensure a high quality experience.

Visited December 2012

Lehigh Valley, PA
“First class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Went here tonight with a friend, with a Social Living voucher, for a four course dinner for 2. I have to say all four courses were as good as it gets. Pure class from when you enter to until you leave. The service was absolutely right on. The portions were more than adequate, we were both satisfied and then some with the four courses. If I had to nitpick, the only negative I might have was the glass of wine was very small for the price. I would get a bottle next time but they looked over priced, too.
My appetizer was the Crispy Calamari and it was as good as any Calamari I have every had, in fact probably the best. Tender and served to perfection.
The voucher was very reasonable but I get the impression the regular menu might be very high priced.for this economy.

• Visited December 2012
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Pleasantly Surprised!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had to work in the Bethlehem, Pa. area, stayed at The Sands Casino, and by pure chance wound up there during a time when the restaurants were booked, finally got in at Edge, and couldn't have been more satisfied. Best Calamari we ever had, also I have a picky vegetarian daughter who loved everything!!!! Great experience. The only problem is we haven't had time to eat there again on return business trips. We also finally got in at Emeril's and Edge was by far better food, and especially staff!!!

• Visited June 2012
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Best gnoche I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Edge is classy and relaxing. They're gnoche with duck appetizer is outstanding, as are all the appetizers on the menu. Great place to have a cocktail and appetizer at the bar after a rough day at the office.

Visited October 2012
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Very overpriced for the food & service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

It was good, but not great and the prices on the menu definitely make you expect great. The service was ok.

Visited December 2011