“One of my favorite places”
Review of Cafe

Cafe
Ranked #42 of 366 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, French, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2007

We have been going to The Cafe for years and have never been disappointed. Since it's a bit of a drive, we don't get there as often as we'd like, but after traveling extensively, we both agree that their green curry is easily the best in the world! Also, if you're a fan of hot and spicy food, I can attest to the fact that chef will honor your request to spice it up! (Jeez, I'm making myself hungry just writing this!) Don't hesitate to give it a try for a business lunch, a special occasion dinner or just because you want a great meal!

1  Thank Mistermurray

Reviewed February 15, 2007

The Cafe is right downtown and is excellent for both business dinners are leisure. It is the perfect place to have an excellent dinner and quiet conversation. I always leave feeling relaxed.

If you have a party of 5 or more, you can ofter get a private room with a reservation.

The service is very professional and friendly, but not overbearing. They never hurry you along.
There is a large selection of home made deserts that are presented in a bakery-glass display in a side room off the enterance way.

Most importantly, the food is excellent. They specialize in food with a Thai influence and you can get it very spicy if you choose. There is plenty of healthy but tastey choices and many vegetarian if you prefer. (They also have steaks & lamb etc.) Everything is very fresh and made to order to suit your preference.

The wine list is not very extensive, but definatly has some good choices.

Most enterees are in the $18 - $20 range, but include a nice salad. There are several wine choices in the $20 range. In my opionion, the value is much greater than The Edge in which the prices are significantly higher....but the Cafe is also better than the Appollo in which there is more huslte & bustle and occasioanllly you may feel a bit rushed.

5  Thank JFK2
Reviewed July 15, 2006

We go to The Cafe every time we have a special occaision.

The restaurant is in an old home right near Main Street, the home of Musikfest. It is fairly upscale and can be pricey for the area running around $100 a couple including drinks & dessert. The food is Thai fusion food and my absolute favorite is the Satay & Mee Krab (spelled wrong I know ) but I've never been disappointed.

2  Thank Luvorlando1
Reviewed October 16, 2005

We went to The Cafe on the advice of friends who raved about it.We were so disapointed from the dour greeting we recieved, to the lack-luster service.The food was ok-but we really think the Thai Kitchen is much better.And when we did say something to the owner(?),the lady in the front,she was not very nice.Too bad,we could have spent that hundred dollars having a lot more fun then in an old stuffy house that smelled like wet dog.

1  Thank DownTownYenta
A TripAdvisor Member
Nazareth
Reviewed December 2, 2004

The food was exellent and the atmosphere was warm. Price was at an expensive side. For two, it will probably run you $100, very easy.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member