“We were tickled!!”

The Sayre Mansion Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Bethlehem B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 13, 2007

Having been to Musikfest in Bethlehem every year, we've driven past the Sayre many times. This year, we decided to stay a night. We were thrilled. The Sayre Mansion absolutely exceeded all our expectations.

The staff was friendly and we were greeted like old friends. Our room was charming and cozy. The common rooms downstairs (dining room, sitting room) were beautiful and the entire B&B was immaculate. Even the stairways were well-lit, clean and easy on my old knees after spending a long day walking around the festival.

Breakfast was delicious and cooked to perfection. A staff member recommended the blueberry pancakes and they were excellent. I was pleasantly surprised by things like internet access, air conditioning and great water pressure in such an "old-fashion" setting.

We will, most definitely, be returning to the Sayre Mansion and soon. I have nothing bad to say about it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Sayre Mansion Inn

Reviewed June 13, 2007

I located this wonderful establishment after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. The Mansion was originally a private residence and is in a great location just as you enter Bethlehem.

The on-site Manager Spencer Williams greeted me warmly as I entered the property. He advised me that I had been upgraded to a suite which
included a huge bedroom and separate sitting area/library with a fireplace.

The entire inn including the public rooms are beautifully furnished.

In the morning, there was a choice of apple pancakes, homemade oatmeal, breads, pastries, coffee and fresh orange juice.

I paid a $110.00 corporate rate.

A very enjoyable stay and I look forward to going back.

Cheers.

Marius

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2006

I have always wanted to stay at the Sayre Mansion since I grew up in the area as a little girl. Returning to Bethlehem for a visit, I thought it would be the perfect place to stay. Upon arrival, though, the woman who "greeted" us was too busy on the phone with another guest. She never acknowledged our presence, and we waited patiently for her to finish. She ended that phone call and preceded to answer the phone again, STILL not saying a word to us. When she finally she had me sign in, she handed me the keys and told me that although she usually takes guests to their rooms, she asked us to show ourselves upstairs. We never got a tour of the hotel, and I never felt welcomed. The inn itself was lovely, and breakfast was fantastic, but the welcome definitely tainted the whole experience for me. I will think twice before returning.

Stayed: September 2006
7  Thank rachel_dan
Reviewed August 1, 2006

This place has character. Beautiful old Mansion house. All rooms are different. Breakfast is very good. Service is excellent and accommodating. Free glass of wine on the porch is included. I have stayed there a total of 5 weeks now. Our client is in Allentown, but Bethlehem is just such a hidden-treasure that it is worth the extra 15 minutes drive.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Henriko
Reviewed July 22, 2006

We stayed here on the way to Harrisburg. We wanted a b-and-b that was family friendly to accomodate our three year old. Our room was perfect--it had a little side room with a twin bed for our son. The room was more worn than it seemed in the website pictures, but it was clean, comfortable, and attractive. We had a view of the bridge and the train tracks. We heard the train whistle several times (even in the wee hours of the morning) and from our window could see the train pass by. This maybe a minus for some, but our son loves trains and was thrilled. Also, the innkeeper was warm, friendly, and very helpful. Our breakfast was made to order and our son got special treatment at the breakfast table (his crazy food habits were accomodated).

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled with family
2  Thank madmommy1
Reviewed June 4, 2006

We were very impressed with the Sayre Mansion. Our room was very clean and well appointed. One of the photos is the view from our window of the carved woodwork - sorry, I don't know the architectural terms- along the roof. The other picture is an external view taken from Wyandotte Street.
The breakfast was delicious. Location great. Helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank Acey
Reviewed November 25, 2005

We spent 3 nights at the Sayre Mansion earlier this month. I am amazed that no one has reviewed this place until now! From the moment we checked in, until the time we left, we could not have been more pleased with the staff, and the facility.

When we arrived it was mid-late afternoon. There was still some daylight left, although over cast, this was the beginning of our two week vacation. We decided since the weather was still fair (In the 50's-60's) we would take a bottle of wine out to the patio and toast to our vacation. Mary, who was on duty gathered us some wine glasses and a corkscrew - and then surprised us by bringing out some cheese and crackers. They were very helpful also with reccomendations for place to eat, calling us taxis, ice, etc., etc..

The owners, who also have another B&B in Hawley, PA, are very fortunate to have both Mary and Karl who could not have done more to make our stay comfortable.

Their full breakfast in the morning was delicious! (French Toast and Omlets were our choices) At the Sayre Mansion they have their own special breads, and hot cereal. (The light rye sour dough was our favorite)

The bed was very, very comfortable with plenty of soft pillows and a down comforter. We stayed in the Library room for our visit, which was perfect for us. We could set up our laptop in the library and take advantage of the wireless internet access.

We would return to Bethlehem again - even if just to stay at the Sayre Mansion!

• Stayed: November 2005