“Charmed”

The Sayre Mansion Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Bethlehem B&B and Inns
“Charmed”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This lovely B&B is in the hear of Bethlehem, PA but it creates its own elegance so that inside, you forget you are in a city. Our room was very spacious, handsomely furnished with comfortable beds.
We found all the staff to be pleasant and quite helpful. Breakfast was delicious with many options to choose from. A wonderful stay - will definitely return. Bethlehem is a fun place to visit and this is the perfect place to use as your overnight home away from home.

Room Tip: Our room was 26- did not see other rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wendersender

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Sayre Mansion was a great place to stay, particularly for visiting Lehigh University. The innkeepers were delightful, and were very helpful in directing us to various spots in the town. Delicious breakfast. Centrally located, actually on a busy street, but traffic noise was not an issue.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Idmd
malvern, pa
Reviewed April 11, 2013

lovely and cozy room....did not see any ghosts....an actual guest accidentally was confused and opened our door by mistake....she was so embarrassed........was in room 23....great view ......surprise was breakfast....so nice and comforting....would definitely go back....enjoyed history of hotel and Bethlehem

Room Tip: room 24 is supposed to be haunted
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patricia s
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were expecting the place to be a little "kitschy", but were happy it was not. The place appears to be well maintained and kept up with the times (meaning not super-dated feeling like some other b&bs do). The breakfast staff was actually a waitstaff and the service was quick and delicious!

Not being from the area, we didn't know what to expect with the town. This place is really close to the "south side" of town (the artsy area) and an easy drive (or in nice weather: walk) to downtown and the historic districts. It definitely gives the feeling of being in-town yet still out-of-town. It's right next to the bridge on a major route, but traffic noise wasn't bad at all. Our room was on the corner by the bridge which offered a nice view.

We are about to go on a tour of the place to show us the history and the building's old wine cellar. You can check our other reviews for nearby restaurants that were fantastic too!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank dreamWayne
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

A romantic place to stay. The best breakfast. I never eat pastries but even I found the baked goods too tempting. Innkeeper is lovely and so helpful. I would love to return and stay in one of the larger rooms. We stayed in a small room, tucked away and very private. The view of the town was impressive. My husband and I were so glad we had the chance to get away and have some quiet time.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank summertime0
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 22, 2013

If I could write something more complimentary I would. I thoroughly LOVED the place. The food was beyond outstanding. The hospitality could not be better. The bed and the furniture made me feel like I was in a guest suite at the White House. The blinds kept out the early sun so I could sleep. The towels were soft and inviting. I loved the shower and the soaps/shampoos/creams. The smell was calming but not overwhelming.
I guess I gushed enough. It is a wonderful place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LEvans1056
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This old building houses a very nice B&B. There is a lot of atmosphere with creaking floors and winding hallways. This is a place I will remember.
In the evening I walked to downtown Bethlehem where there are many restaurants.
The bed was very good and I slept well. The breakfast was fantastic with fresh fruit and nicely cooked eggs Florentine.
To improve: I was surprised to still see 100W light bulbs in my room instead of more energy smart alternatives.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business