“Excellent B&B in Bethlehem, close to downtown and casino”

The Sayre Mansion Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Bethlehem B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We took a mini-vacation to Bethlehem, PA, mainly to check out the Sands Casino. The casino hotel was sold out, so we opted for the Sayre Mansion Inn. We're not really B&B people, but this place was fantastic! The staff were so friendly, the room was just right, the bed was really comfortable, and the bathroom was excellent! The breakfast hit the spot. The Inn is located higher up from town and you can walk to downtown. You will need to drive to the casino, but it's only about 5 minutes away.

I HIGHLY recommend this place to couples looking for a romantic place to stay for a nice getaway weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed in #35. It's a smaller room, but isolated, with a GREAT bathroom and shower, really c...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mstrctrlprgm

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over a weekend before Christmas to visit Bethlehem, the Christmas City. The inn sits high on a hill overlooking the old town of Bethlehem and the steelworks. Our room was on the top floor and very quiet even though it was on the front of the house facing the street. The inn was beautifully decorated for Christmas.The staff was very helpful suggesting restaurants and very pleasant during the awesome breakfast which is cooked to order. It was very relaxing and easy to walk to the old town. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I spent Saturday night at the Inn. Our room was large and very well appointed. Very comfortable king sized bed. Delicious breakfast in the morning. Incredibily convenient to Lehigh University!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ozart8116
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This Inn was so cute and the breakfast's were delicious. We stayed in the Hayloft room and it was so quaint. It was a large room, with a bedroom and seperate sitting area. The town was cute and so much in walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy0323
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a truly lovely inn, the rooms are beautifully and very comfortable. We spent three nights here and had three rooms. The Library is a two rooms suite and OMG is it pretty, #12 is a beautiful king bedded room with a sofa and lots of space and #23 is a second floor room with a very pretty half tester bed. Breakfast is delicious and there are always 4 cooked choices as well as the cold buffet. Staff was very kind and helpful and a special thanks to Mary for her care. I would not hesitate to return here again and will recommend it to anyone planning to visit the area.

I have to comment on the bed which had to be one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in with loads of great pillows.

We did wish that there was coffee available 24/7 since we don't have a coffee maker in our rooms but there is a tea pot with Tazo teas offered and over the weekend the coffee was available more as well as snacks.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zabelle
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I created a tripadvisor account just to gush about this gorgeous B&B. I was on town for just one night to visit Lehigh and chose to stay at Sayre Mansion as a little treat. I could not be more pleased with my experience! I arrived in town much earlier than expected and took a chance on checking in early. This was not a problem and in fact I was offered a complimentary upgrade to a King room (20) which was beautifully and tastefully decorated (and I'm picky!) and had an amazing ornate ceiling. The room was spacious and spotless and full of light. The bathroom was small but just right for me, and offered high quality hair products and body lotion. The bed was like a cloud and I slept peacefully, waking the next morning to the aroma of breakfast from downstairs.

Breakfast was served in a very pretty room. Teas and coffee were provided alongside a fruit starter, and a very nice woman told me about the breakfast choices and served me a healthy and satisfying hot cereal with toast. I had minimal contact with staff members, which is my preference (being on the introverted side), but everyone I encountered was very kind and accommodating. In fact, I made a request for quite a late check-out due to a phone meeting, and was told this was not a problem at all. This is the difference in service between the Sayre Mansion and a standard hotel (and many other B&Bs, quite honestly).

I also want to add that I really appreciated this b&b's commitment to sustainability and inclusivity. Instead of wasteful plastic water bottles, a carafe was provided in the room for water available just down the hall. A recycling container in my room made disposal of cans very easy, and I felt at home and comfortable right away at check-in after seeing an equality sticker in the reception area.

A few final thoughts: parking was abundant and easy, location was great, and free wifi was convenient and easy to use. I can't think of anything I'd change about my stay and I give the Sayre Mansion my impossibly picky hotel/b&b seal of approval, with honors!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank delicatasquash
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the Sayre Mansion Inn this past weekend while visiting our kids at a nearby university. We loved our stay and have made return reservations. So many positives to this B&B: first of all, it was very CLEAN, the staff was very accommodating and friendly, the beds were heavenly, the bath towels were generous in size and were soft, the breakfast was cooked perfectly and was delicious, and Starbucks coffee was served all day. Two minor concerns: walls were not sound proof, though it didn't impact our stay, and the floors are very creaky. Otherwise, a gorgeous 150 year old house!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
InnsOfDistinction, Owner at The Sayre Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Madhorn,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review on TripAdvisor and also for selecting the 1858 Sayre Mansion while you were visiting your kids at a local university. We appreciate both!

We love when you wrote and told the world about the Sayre Mansion and how our "staff was very accommodating and friendly" and that our "beds were heavenly, the bath towels were generous in size and were soft, the breakfast was cooked perfectly and was delicious". Thanks.

It's always rewarding to read that we satisfied our guests and that they plan to return to the Sayre Mansion again and again. This is wonderful news!

We look forward to you return visit.

C.O.