“Horrible”

Ranked #4 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established on April 15, 1998 by the Fegley Family, the Bethlehem Brew Works successfully captured the essence of Bethlehem’s steel industry in a 250 seat brewpub. Accompanying the handcrafted beers brewed right in the restaurant is a full bar specializing in single malt scotches, small batch bourbons, and specialty martinis.
Bethlehem
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible”
Reviewed July 23, 2007

The only thing good at this place was the french fries. Everything else was over priced and I could get the same thing at the super market. Our waitress was pushing us out of there because we were her last table. Also if you want sauce with your chicken fingers it will cost you .50 for a little thing of sauce! Oh and beware of your checking account if you use your card because they charge you 20% gratuity and then when it processes you get charged what your bill was, but they put a hold on your card with the 20% added on. So if you are sticking close to your money, you will be overdrawn!!

I will never go back there again!!!!!

1 Thank RestaurantLover87

NYC Metro Area
“Won't be going back - petty.”
Reviewed June 3, 2007

This place is moderately priced and has pretty decent beer, BUT....

I ordered a full rack of ribs and my 2nd half was TINY. I didn't get much more food than my friend who ordered the 1/2 rack. His entree came with bbq sauce, but mine did not, so I asked the server for some (which the ribs really needed) and for some honey mustard for my fries. Came after more than 10 minutes, AND we were charged 50 cents per sauce.

We were also charged and extra $1.50 on top of the $10 appetizer cost for asking for 1/2 pita chips 1/2 corn chips on the lobster crab dip.

PETTY. We won't be returning.

4 Thank berk21
Bethlehem, PA
“Never Again”
Reviewed April 16, 2007

I wish I had read these reviews before going. When we first arrived, the noise was so overwhelming we couldn't even hear each other talk. The noise became even more annoying as we were there longer. We had a long wait for our table and then waited equally long for a waiter to take our drink order and then our food order. When our food order arrived it was all wrong and wasn't all that good. I would never come back to this restaurant, especially when there are far superior restaurants in the immediate surrounding area.

4 Thank PAMathy
Morris Plains, NJ
“A great place!”
Reviewed March 15, 2007

I had dinner at the Bethlehem Brew Works for the first time two weeks ago. What a delightful experience! I was most impressed by the friendliness of the staff, the efficiency of the service and the excellent quality of the food. I had a salmon entree, which was prepared to perfection. (I love salmon and I am very fussy about it!) My companion, who had been there several times, remarked that he had never had anything less than a superb dining experience there. Our server was attentive and solicitous, without being annoying. Everything was fresh and delicious and served promptly. I can not wait to go back to this restaurant. I would recommend it to anyone!

Bethlehem, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed March 7, 2007

The positives about this place is that their home brewed beer is delicious and always interesting. The food is decent, but isn't changed up enough for regulars and there's nothing special about it. If you go there frequently, it all starts to taste the same and you tire of it quickly.

The main problem, though, is the service. I will preface what I am about to say by explaining that when we moved to the area we were looking for this place to become our friendly "neighborhood bar" where when we came in everyone knew our name, greeted us in a friendly way and we felt good about coming there often. Clearly we must look elsewhere.

There is often a significant wait even at off peak times, sometimes staff actually seem annoyed to see someone has arrived, our bill is always wrong (we've been there about 50 times and have gotten a correct bill only twice) and always in their favor, there is no warm friendly feeling from the staff and any complaints go unacknowledged. Often, our salads are forgotten and then brought after our food has already come, the place is very noisy (though that may be good if you have kids) and no one ever knows your name...even if you come all the time.

In my opinion, unless you like great beer and average food with a heavy dose of bad service, look elsewhere.

1 Thank daemayn