“Great beer, sound food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bethlehem Brew Works

Bethlehem Brew Works
Ranked #5 of 348 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established on April 15, 1998 by the Fegley Family, the Bethlehem Brew Works successfully captured the essence of Bethlehem’s steel industry in a 250 seat brewpub. Accompanying the handcrafted beers brewed right in the restaurant is a full bar specializing in single malt scotches, small batch bourbons, and specialty martinis.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great beer, sound food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is the type of brew pub that I can visit for lunch, have an evening beer outside on a nice day, or a late night drink. I am a fan of the majority of the beers I have had here; the regular beers are all good, though nothing exceptional, but their seasonal/special releases always impress me. The best description for the food I can think is solid and/or sound. I have never had anything bad, the food always left me full and satisfied. It is also is not anything exceptional either, its really the beer I pair with the food that brings me back.
Extra note: For me as a beer lover, being greeted at the door by a waft of brewing beer is always appreciated; you will find that here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Westchester, NY
“Busy place but for a reason - its very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Every time we visit Bethlehem we tend to gravitate back to this place. The food is very good with plenty of variety - something for everyone in our party. Extensive beer choices many of which are exceptional. Tends to be very crowded on the weekends so be prepared for a wait but well worth it.

• Visited October 2013
Galway, Ireland
“When crowded, walk away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were told we had an hour to wait for food when we came in. But if you're friends with the hostess, you can just walk in and be seated right away. The people after us were told they had a 20 minute wait. Which was...uh...not cool. 20 minutes later, we were all still waiting, so I guess the hostess was just having trouble keeping the wait times straight between friends and non friends. We eventually turned over our buzzer and opted to sit at the bar... where we ordered our food, which was average, and our beers, also average. Our service at the bar improved when the husband of the "cute chick" two stools down arrived and the bartender had to stop flirting with her.

Go when it's not crowded is all I can say.

Visited October 2013
Lewes, Delaware
“Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great menu variety and the quality of the food was excellent. Wide variety of their own quality beer.

Visited October 2013
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Great Beer and Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I visited the Bethlehem Brew Works recently while I was in town for the PAEA conference. The $10 beer flight allowed you to taste their top 4 beers that are always on tap as well as your choice of 2 additional beers on tap. I got the Always Sunny and Pumpkin Ale, neither disappointed. I will definitely stop again the next time I'm in town!

• Visited October 2013