“Good local venue”

Sands Bethlehem Event Center
Ranked #7 of 44 things to do in Bethlehem
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had seats for Kevin James in the right wing; right on the railing. We could see and hear him just fine. I WOULD recommend, that you try to get tickets on either the left or right wing as close to the railing and stage as you can. The floor area is flat. No gradual angle for the chairs; so it could be hard to see. The staff was friendly and the bartenders were too. I'd go back.

3  Thank jessicak76

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I went the the Sands Bethlehem Event Center on October 26, 2013 to see Sammy Hagar.
Pros;
As others have mentioned, plenty of free parking.
Sound was pretty good, but I'd attribute that to the soundman, not the venue.
Two large video screens.
That's where the "pros" end.

The venue is very poorly set up to see a show. The "floor" is sunken and surrounded by 8 foot high concrete walls. Maybe it was a better show from the raised side areas? Or the suites?
Folding chairs on a hard concrete floor to see a show? This is what my $80 got me?
Before the lights went down they had cleaning people walking around with towels to slop up spilled drinks.
Got all the way to the encore and the drunk slob behind us puked on us and everyone around us! SBEC obviously over served this baffoon and didn't want anything to do with it after we complained.

Never going back there and I recommend it to no one.

2  Thank Chadster G
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was our first time at the venue. We went to see Barenaked Ladies and Whitehorse. There isn't a bad view in the house. And its not too big, just the right size to see a show. Staff is friendly and getting into the show and seated was easy. Definitely will look to go again here for another show.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I saw Soul Asylum here last night! The Sands seems to have very good acoustics, I'm comparing this to seeing the same band the previous week at an unarmed venue in New Jersey, which sounded like a lot of mumbling. There is a very large dance/standing room area and two sections of seating off the floor. I bought first row tickets and was disappointed to find that I was really far off to the side, although I could still the action on the stage. For last nights show the difference in ticket price was only $10. I would recommend get seats and if you don't like them move to the dance floor. Of course it will depend on the crowd, and the band you're seeing. The chairs are only plastic and not bolted down (or comfortable) so you can finagle a better angle. Otherwise, nice bar, clean bathrooms, lots of staff who were all really pleasant. A casino, hotel and mall are attached so there's plenty else to do.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been to this center twice. Once with standing tickets in GA on the floor and once on the side wing in a folding seat. No matter where you are, the view of the stage is terrible. The poor design of the this venue leaves me scratching my head. Why wouldn't they elevate the stage so that you can see who you paid to see? Seems like a no brainer to me. I heard folks all around me complaining that they couldn't see. Thank God they have the TV screens on each side of the stages. I didn't pay to see TV though, I paid to see the entertainment.
Also, the bathroom is located outside the venue, so you basically have to stand in line again to re-enter the main room. Strange.
On a positive note, the employees are super kind and friendly and always have a smile on thier faces. Bartenders are great.

1  Thank roscoetalk