“Steakhouse worth the visit”

Emeril's Chop House
Ranked #26 of 356 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Third Street
Description: Tempt your palate with distinctive culinary creations at Emeril's premier restaurant on the East Coast.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great customer service. Steaks cooked to perfection with enough options for non steak eaters. The atmosphere and food made it a perfect combination for our anniversary.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I was not at all impressed with the quality of food here. They served the turkey over water chestnuts. It came with dressing and Brussels sprouts. I liked the sprouts and the wine. It's way over priced. They had no pumpkin pie, they did have a pumpkin mousse which they were out of by 4 o'clock. So we didn't even have that.

1  Thank NJgirlonthego
Reviewed November 2, 2013

There are three Emeril's at the Sands. All three disappoint. This the most because the other two aim lower. This aims to be a high-end steakhouse and it is not. It is serviceable but gets knocked down a peg because it is overprice. The best of the three, it is a possible choice for a pre-show meal but don't make a special trip. Those who have never been to a steak house will like it. Those who have been to Shula's or even Blue nearby will not.

1  Thank Ken P
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went for our 10 year wedding anniversary. It was our first time at the restaurant and the casino. The staff was very friendly and helpful, all the way from when we arrived to the end of the meal. Our wait staff was helpful and informative about all the menu options.

The food was really good. I started with the tartar of beef and then the tornado of beef for my main. We shared the bourbon sweet potatoes. My entire meal was perfect. the beef for the appetizer and main were great and tasted awesome. My wife had fillet of beef which she kicked up with some scallops. The scallops were sightly more charred then her liking, but overall the meal was great. They offered 3 sauces to go with the beef on the side, a bernaise, horseradish and a worsh-itsher. The worsh-itsher was the best, it even had a surprising sweetness to it, a bit different from what you are used to, but we both really liked it.

They even provided a special dessert on the house for our anniversary. Very nice!

I had to put a dash in worsh-itsher because Trip Advisor's content filter thinks its profrane.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

It’s no Delmonico’s. After reading the mixed reviews, I decided to give it a shot. Good thing I have managed my expectations. I was disappointed but not surprised after reading the reviews. Let’s start with the cocktails at $10 - $12 a drink I didn’t expect the appletini to be mixed with an sour mix and not an apple liqueur. Appetizer and salad – I had the fried oysters, which were not good. First oysters were severed in an cast iron Aebleskiver Pan that way too hot. Pan was still too hot to handle after 15 minutes. I actually burned the roof of my month on the appetizer. Which, would have been forgivable it the dish was tasty. The oyster flavor was buried with think greasy bland cornmeal batter, sitting in a bland chees rue, topped with a candied tomato. Also, I could taste the old grease from the cast iron pan. I also ordered the wedge of iceberg lettuce with blue cheese dressing. They managed to get this wrong as well. Lettuce wedge was dripping with water and drenched with cheap bottled blue cheese dressing, cold fried onions and beacon bits. Didn’t think it was possible to mess this simple salad up. Result a soggy tasteless mess on my plate.
Entrée six ounce filet filet mignon – medium. The steak was cook correct but was barely room temperature when it arrived. Yes, it was cold. I must say this was a first for me. I have never been served a cold steak before. As it was an entrée, it was served alone on the cold worn plate. The plate was so worn it looked dirty. There was a gray ring on the inner plate – really! The sides of mashed potatoes and creamed spinach where standard.
Finally, the wait staff- nice but inexperienced we saw spilled drinks, cleaning glasses in the open, whipping towels (rather than unfolding) in middle of tight seating area. Staff was more suited for Chili’s than fine dining. If this resturant is going to charge fine dining prices and is listed as such than they have to kick it up several notches to make the grade. I would not go again or recommend.
I will say staff was attentive and everyone was nice. My suggestion to the manager (who seemed to be nice as well). Training, training, training. Premium drinks should be made with premium liquors and not cheap mixers, steaks should always be served hot, and get rid of that Aebleskiver Pan the fried oysters are served in – it is dangerous and unnecessary. Adds nothing to the dish or presentation.

3  Thank Adrienne S