“Very enjoyable meal and service”

Emeril's Chop House
Ranked #25 of 358 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Third Street
Description: Tempt your palate with distinctive culinary creations at Emeril's premier restaurant on the East Coast.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Decided at the last minute to drive out to the Sands in Pennsylvania on Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Just prior to leaving, went to the Sands website and decided to make a late dinner reservation for Emeril's Chop House in the casino.

We were about 10-15 minutes early for our 9:00 PM reservation, but we were seated right away. I requested a table far from the casino noise and our hostess seated us at a nice table for two near the back of the restaurant. Although I could see the casino floor, I was not able to hear any of the associated noise.

We started with a half bottle of wine which was a very nice option. My wife and I shared a very generously portioned salad. I chose the ribeye and my wife ordered the chicken. The ribeye was one of the best I have ever tasted. It was cooked perfectly and although I was presented with the three sauce options, the steak was more than flavorful on its own. We also ordered two of the a la carte sides and our server mentioned that the beans were served in a bacon wrap with a cream sauce. Neither my wife or I wanted them served like that and so our server offered to have them sauteed in olive oil and garlic. What a great suggestion and they were so good.

Dinner was a little expensive but the service, the food and the friendliness of our server was more than worth it. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank Michael A

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went to this restaurant seeking an upscale place to dine only to fond ourselves sitting next to a man in sweatpants with holes in them and a tee shirt in the same condition. The dining area is right on the casino floor so it has no ambiance at all. The waitresses were the nicest we've ever had but the food was second rate and nothing that would bring us back. I had a lobster tail that was cooked well but my appetizer of beet salad was the worst I've ever had - no salad just beets with chunks of cheese. Not worth the money for many reasons.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

To be honest, I really do like their steak a lot. I've been here a few times with my family and a couple times with my boyfriend over the past 3 years. It's very expensive, so it's definitely better to save for special occasions.

I always order a steak here and it's cooked perfectly (medium for me) every time. It's tender, juicy, and delicious - and for $30+, it better be. The mashed potato side goes well with it of course. We have also tried the lobster with pasta and cheese, but that was horrible. The pasta was just so bland and there was not even a hint of lobster flavor, so if they have that on the menu, feel free to pass on it.

They offer average desserts - nothing spectacular but they'll satisfy your sweet tooth.

For the price though, I just don't think Emeril's delivers. It tastes good, but it's not the best I've had and I can get something just as delicious elsewhere for half the price.

Also, their customer service is very iffy. The waitstaff is nice enough but since it is situated IN the casino, with NO outdoor entrance (which would be quite easy to construct), it's tough to visit if you are under 21. When I went with my family a few years back, it was fine. However, there is no bathroom in the restaurant, so I had to be escorted by a guard when I needed to use the restroom.

My boyfriend and I went to celebrate our anniversary there, and we made a reservation a week in advance. (We had been once or twice before, just the two of us, still under 21 and the guards had escorted us to the restaurant). However, when we arrived, all dressed up and ready for our celebratory dinner, the security guards would not let us through and they refused to escort us. We even called the restaurant directly for assistance, and they confirmed our reservation, but they said they could not do anything for us - they wouldn't send anyone to walk with us or explain to the guards. It was a REALLY DISAPPOINTING experience. Luckily, our night turned around once we gave up on Emeril's and went to the Edge Restaurant on Main Street.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We live in New York and have been to some of the finest steak houses. Emeril's chop house was a huge surprise. We loved the food. We both had the filets. Mine was a 6oz filet cooked to perfection. The portions were generous. We had a wedge salad , the shrimp appetizer and the bourbon sweet potatoes. All very delicious. Our server Chris was very attentive and friendly. The next time we visit the sands we will be visiting the chop house as well.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Emeril knows how to grill a steak perfectly and this steakhouse was really good. The staff were also perfect in service. I strongly recommend....

Been to Emeril's Chop House? Share your experiences!