“Don't stay there !!!!”

Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem
Lakeland, Florida
“Don't stay there !!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

They wanted me to pay an extra $10.00 if I wanted my room cleaned. They wanted me get rid of the trash and change my own linen. The cable and WIFI did not work correctly. The room was dirty when I went in to it. The front desk was clueless. I called about the WIFI and they gave me the wrong number to call. The cable channels were incorrect, called front desk about that and they had no clue of what to do. The noise was really bad all the way around. I stayed here some years back and loved it, it has gotten really bad, don't go there !!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The "manager" named "Rich" was the only one on duty. He discriminated against us because we booked on a discount website. He would not give us a room with 2 beds because he said "this is what you get when you book with a 3rd party". He said the rooms were sold out. The website clearly had rooms available. We called to check availability and of course "Rich" answered the phone and stated the rooms were available. When asked why he did not give them to us he said "woops just booked them as we speak". Website continued to show availability throughout the night. He wanted to prove a point that we should be penalized by booking through a discount website. They treated us as if we were trying to steal from them. Be smart and do not give these people your money. When we walked out we were also cursed out in arabic. I could not believe the way we were treated. I also cannot believe that a hotel would be left in the hands of 1 totally unstable individual. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!

Room Tip: Stay Away!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MKSNYC

Travelers are raving about these Bethlehem hotels

Bloomfield, New Jersey
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were traveling to the area for just a quick fun trip and didn't need anything for more than a night. It was really difficult to find a hotel in the area that we could bring our dog to. There are a lot of hotels in the area but NONE of them allow dogs and for such a cheap rate. When we saw there was only a 25 dollar a night fee, we thought we'd give it a try. We got there and the hotel and staff were; Friendly, very close to restaurants, clean, and the process was super quick!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had to evacuate my apartment due to a problem with a threatening neighbor. Staff was welcoming and kind, even though I arrived late at night as a walk-in. I stayed here upon first arriving in this area and was pleased with the comfort, location, convenience, and especially the courtesy and friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Cape Cod, MA
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had to stay in this hotel because we had a small dog with us. What a shabby place!!! Bathroom floor was ripped and stained. Kitchen counter was stained. When I turned down the bed I found a long black hair. No shampoo, conditioner or hand cream.
There is no one at the desk after 11 at night.

We almost walked out when we arrived. Dingy and needs a complete makeover.
Will NEVER stay at an Extended Stay America Hotel again.

Room Tip: There are plenty of newer and nicer hotels in this area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Roberta,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The condition of the flooring, kitchen countertop, and bedding you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am using your comments to work with our team to prevent future occurrances of this nature. Although we don't place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a limited supply of sundries available upon request at the front desk. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were able to get settled in with ease and quickness, based on a family situation. The Mgr. Kathi Koslosky and staff were very friendly in assisting all 12 of us and our needs. We enjoyed our stay and will be returning soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Stephanie, I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such positives things about your experience at our Extended Stay America Allentown location. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; We hope everything is well with your family situation. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I travel for business and as a Road Warrior it's nice to find somewhere that you feel comfortable and welcomed. I get both at this hotel. I've read some negative reviews about this property regarding theft and noise. While I can't answer to the theft charges, I've never personally had any security issues, I think the noise referred to is because the hotel is both child and kid friendly. The "noise" reminds me of my first apartment, full of the sounds of life.

While I fully understand that this hotel might not be for everyone I have never had a bad stay here. The kitchenette allows me the flexibility to bring my own food and prepare meals that don't automatically come with a side of fries. The rooms are always comfortable and clean. I love the fact that the windows actually open! The television channel choices are good including two Showtime channels.

The staff have always gone out of their way to make my stay pleasant. The hotel is located right off Route 22 and near Route 78, making getting there quick and easy.

I have had business associates also stay at this hotel with excellent results. I will stay here again whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethlehem
The View Inn & Suites
The View Inn & Suites
#14 of 14 in Bethlehem
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Days Hotel Allentown Airport / Lehigh Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport
Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem

Been to Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem? Share your experiences!