Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“Stephanie”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were able to get settled in with ease and quickness, based on a family situation. The Mgr. Kathi Koslosky and staff were very friendly in assisting all 12 of us and our needs. We enjoyed our stay and will be returning soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Stephanie, I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such positives things about your experience at our Extended Stay America Allentown location. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; We hope everything is well with your family situation. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I travel for business and as a Road Warrior it's nice to find somewhere that you feel comfortable and welcomed. I get both at this hotel. I've read some negative reviews about this property regarding theft and noise. While I can't answer to the theft charges, I've never personally had any security issues, I think the noise referred to is because the hotel is both child and kid friendly. The "noise" reminds me of my first apartment, full of the sounds of life.

While I fully understand that this hotel might not be for everyone I have never had a bad stay here. The kitchenette allows me the flexibility to bring my own food and prepare meals that don't automatically come with a side of fries. The rooms are always comfortable and clean. I love the fact that the windows actually open! The television channel choices are good including two Showtime channels.

The staff have always gone out of their way to make my stay pleasant. The hotel is located right off Route 22 and near Route 78, making getting there quick and easy.

I have had business associates also stay at this hotel with excellent results. I will stay here again whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I agree with the previous review that the pillows are too soft. Also, is it really that expensive to supply mini shampoos? The smoke detector in the middle of the ceiling with the flashing lights on it is annoying. The furniture is dated but I understand that renovations are supposed to occur soon. The people are friendly.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Toledokid
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the pillows were too soft. In response to your feedback, I am having new pillows purchased for the hotel. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at aln@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am staying in this hotel 2 - 3 days per week for the next 2 years for business (St. Luke's Hospital). Your people at the front desk especially Tae Yun and Nichole (not sure of last name) are very friendly, accomodating and excellent representitives of your company. The Mgr. Kat Koslosky set me up for the 2 years and I haven't regreted it at all.

I have stayed in over 20 rooms at this hotel.

I do have a couple of critiques however. The beds are too hard and the pillows are so weak that my head sinks down completely to the bed. I do see a couple of renovated rooms. When will the rest be renovated? The last thing is the cutains on the showers. These are very lightweight and blow into the shower so as to leave you no room to take a shower without fighting the curtain. All in all, your people make the experience and good one.

Room Tip: try to get the non- smoking renovated rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the pillows were too soft. In response to your feedback, I am having new pillows purchased for the hotel and we are looking forward to renovation in 2013. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at aln@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Killa Pardi, Gujarat, India
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I also experienced the cleaning lady's theft. Talked to the manager and got the same run around by some balding lady name kat. nothing was done, it clearly states if no force entry and if they provide a good lock.... yada yada, the thing is, they have no safes. and they have criminals they hire. this place is bad news, if you read this, go somewhere else.

Room Tip: DO not do it here, rooms do smell and they dont clean, when they do they steal.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Christian12345930
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I find it fair to let you know that the previous reviews almost make me not go to this place- thanks God I decided to see for myself: I spent a week in it, and tried all the complains in the reviews: no sticky carpets (wearing white socks, yes), very helpful front desk people, at any time. yes, corridors smell like food by cooking time, but not the rooms, so its normal: thats why it has a kitchenette: to cook!!!!
Spacious rooms, complete kitchenette, helpful laundry, quiet environment-if you complain,they address the room you complain of...By distance matters I had to change 2nd week to a different hotel and I can tell you: Extended has a real better tv's reception -LG flatscreens- the other one had no laundry, even have a reclinable sofa (the other hotel didnt)
Try for yourself!!!
Im grateful of the whole experience, guest service people, and convenient surroundings...

Room Tip: reserve in advance exactly what you need, they might be all booked up by the time you get there and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager-PCH, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Allentown - Bethlehem. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Staff is friendly. They would have to be in order to listen to all of the complaints from people that are used to staying in better hotels.
If your goal is price this is a place to stay.
If you require sound sleep....bring your own pillows. The front desk did replace our pillows upon request. Wish we had thought of it sooner.
The room did smell bad. Don't complain. They've heard it before, and they all smell. So turn up your air conditioner and clean the room yourself. After that it's tolerable.
I checked for bed bugs....none found. That is why they get 2 stars.
The place is convenient to the highway - bonus and the hospital in case you get rolled leaving the building. Actually the neighborhood isn't that bad. There are some decent places around.
Bring your own shampoo, conditioner, body soap, and dish soap. If you forget there is a store right down the street.
I should give them 2.5 stars, but can't. I know extended stays vary in quality. The price is low in comparison to other suites.
The place is tolerable. I've stayed in better, but I paid a lot more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nah136
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethlehem
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem Airport - Allentown Area
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Hyatt Place Bethlehem
#2 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Extended Stay America - Allentown - Bethlehem? Share your experiences!