“Best Candy in Pennsylvania.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 15 Shopping in Bethlehem
Schnecksvill, PA
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Best Candy in Pennsylvania.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Josh Early chocolate candy is a hand made, all natural and no preservative added candy. I think it is probably the best chocolate candy in Pennsylvania. I have tried many hand made chocolate candies in PA. For me, hands down, Josh Early Chocolate Candy rises above the rest. Preservatives can give chocolate candy a very waxy, off taste. This chocolate candy never has perservatives and it makes a difference in flavor.
One time in a marketing class I took, we had to give presentations on a product we picked and highlight how it was marketed and advertised. I did a blind taste test as part of my presentation with the class (the class loved this presentation and I got an A for my presentation). Anyway, out of three hand made chocolate candies, Josh Early won the taste test by a wide margin.
If you want to impress someone wtih a gift, give them a gold-foil box of Josh Early truffles. I have given this gift many times and people really rave about the quality of the chocolate. What is great, also, is when you go to their Allentown or Bethlehem store; free samples are always available and you can request a taste test when you are selecting individual chocolates from the case.
This is my favorite hand made chocolate by far!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank 1naturegirl

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Average candy, extremely poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Let me set the tone by first stating that we've done our part over the years to support Josh Early Candies. Today I stopped in to the Nazareth Road store to purchase a "small" amount of candy for a birthday present. I was looking for a box, since a bag just wouldn't look right as a present. I was told that the smallest box held about a 1/2 pound. Ok, it was a bit more than I wanted, but I really wanted to have the box. I chose the contents from the case and when I felt the amount was sufficient to fill the box, the saleslady told me, "Oh, no. I can't let this box go like this." Apparently it wasn't filled to her satisfaction. To me, this was an absurd comment. So, rather than make the sale, sans one or two additional 'required' candies, she let me walk out empty-handed. I wonder if Management would approve? She may think she had control, but now we will never shop here again and you can bet that I will be letting everyone I know hear this story with the warning not to shop at Josh Early's. BTW, flowers made a beautiful substitution birthday present!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank undercoverone
Bath, Pennsylvania
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great chocolate but crazy prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great chocolate but I almost fell over when I saw the price...getting my wife a gift was my mission so I bought some chocolate for about $20!!!! A small package....it was good but I wish I would have brought more from Switzerland! It was cheaper to fly home! LOL

Visited February 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Great Chocolate, period!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

There are two or three in the area. The chocolate is very good. I would say ,much better than Godiva, definately. It gets very crowded during the holidays. Definately go here for your next indulgence.

Visited January 2013
Westchester County NY
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Wonderful Store, wonderful candy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Josh Early is worth a trip... Stepping into the store is like stepping back in time. The service and atmosphere is from a time when friendliness, packaging and display was paramount. High quality chocolate and candy, huge variety, delightful staff. I felt like a kid again in 1962....

Visited December 2012