“Blah Humbug”

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Blah Humbug”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Went through in an hour. Really overpriced admission for what it is. Most vendors were less than cheery. Products not near as nice or unique as most craft festivals. Went once and wouldn't go again.

2 Thank Mary M

Coopersburg
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Wonderful market with gifts for everyone on your list.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We would simply not miss this mart. We find gifts for everyone on our list and we always get the oils and dips for the holidays. We actually stock up for the year. There are always new vendors and of course the regulars from year to year. Lots of food and ice sculpting is always interesting to watch.

NE USA
134 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Christmas spirited afternoon”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We enjoyed our December afternoon at Bethlehem's Christkindlmarkt. I have lived in Europe and had a friend visiting from Switzerland and we found this comparable to some smaller town's Christmas Markets. From reading others' reviews I feel we had a great day, as we made several purchases, had attentive sales personnel and helpful vendors, and enjoyed some yummy treats. We walked away with items made in Russia, France, Peru, US, and local artisans and chocolatier. A couple vendors went out of their way to accommodate my friend who wanted to try on a top to ensure proper sizing. I look forward to returning next year, as ArtsQuest continues to offer quality attractions.

New York City, New York
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,003 helpful votes
“Very Impressed”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is a small market in the middle of the town and the stuff we get to buy here is unique.

I would recommend spending 3-4 hours here. There is lots of food on offer and there are around 150 stores.

The stuff here is very unique.

I was a bit annoyed that they charge $8 for entry and you dont really get $8 worth of stores or activity, but hey, its Christmas and there are a lot of happy faces around. Thats all you want!

3 Thank Suryavarman
Martinsburg, West Virginia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Does not even compete with our local craft exhibition”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were somewhat unimpressed with Bethlehem, Pa. We visited 10 days before Christmas. "Christmastown" was not open because - even this close to Christmas - it is only open Friday-Sunday. So, Christkindlmarkt was one of our last hopes for something unique and special in Bethlehem. We come from a small community, but the region is big on arts and craftmanship. I did not find anything at Christkindlmarkt that I could not find within 30 minutes of my home, or at the bi-annual craft fair down the road. As someone else noted, the vendors did not really seem that interested in selling; many were preoccupied and barely noticed the people drifting in/out/around their displays. I recommend saving your money.

1 Thank Luvtravels33