“Nice shopping experience”
Review of Christkindlmarkt

Christkindlmarkt
Ranked #6 of 44 things to do in Bethlehem
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Visited here for the first time this year. My daughter and I really enjoyed the variety of vendors that were selling their products.

The only issue I had with my visit was the free parking. We arrived at noon (opening time was 11 a.m.) It was nearly impossible to find a spot! After circling around several times and not wanting to chance parking in an unknown lot and having our car towed, I opted to use the valet parking. For $5 it was well worth it to me. Had we arrived earlier the parking may have been better. I will try to remember this for next time.

All in all, I would recommend visiting here. Make sure to walk around when you are done and look up at the Steel Stacks!

4  Thank choomc

Reviewed December 2, 2012

i tried to keep and open mind but i hate the new venue. i come from schuylkill county every year and always enjoyed going through the market then walking up the hill to the hotel and on through the main streets of bethlehem. i didn't even mind the admission fee. arriving at steel stacks is like entering downtown dresden after the bombing. not to mention muddy areas where the stones washed away in the parking lot. i realize it is a work in progress but it is drab and depressing. we still drove to town and enjoyed that more than the market. also when everything was in walking distance we could mull over buying something and go back to the market before leaving town. this year i was mulling over an etched glass piece and i did not drive back to get it.

1  Thank Venassa C
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went there and to me it was an average craft fair with a slight German influence. It was really nothing special, and for something that bills itself as a German Christmas Market, it wasnt.

I do have to say that the people who work there and even the fellow visitors to this market were some of the friendliest that I have seen in any market.

Overall, I would not go out of my way to go here.

2  Thank bwco
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I only started attending Christkindlmarkt three years ago, and now it is one of my annual "must do's" of the holiday season. I did prefer the downtown Bethlehem location to it's new home at ArtsQuest, but I still like going! I even don't care about the admission fee, it's pretty minimal in my opinion. I always make sure to get some toffee (and samples!), stop by the booth that makes the tin Christmas ornaments (which adorn my tree), the beeswax cinnamon ornaments and just like to walk around. I have purchased some very unique holiday gifts there. I will be attending this weekend, and they will also be offering shuttle service to Downtown, which I highly recommend doing - there are some great shops and restaurants there.

4  Thank DAKC
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I go every year to this shopping extravaganza in downtown Bethlehem. I don't agree with the entrance fee since you must purchase items from individual vendors once inside. At 8.00 a person that can get expensive for a family. Spend about 2 hours in the indoor Bavarian setting. It will get you in the holiday spirit. They habe many differenr vendors to match mostvpeople's tastes. If you get there around 3:00 pm you can see the first of three light shows that begin at 5:30. They at holiday music and put a light show on the Steel Stacks. The history of the area is wonderful.

2  Thank Lizard72magic