“Atypical menu”

Molinari's
Ranked #25 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Atypical menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My book club met here to discuss our latest book. None of us had ever eaten here, all loved our entrees. Menu is quite different from other Italian restaurants but the food and presentation was excellent. The rosemary bread served prior to the entrees was wonderful...could had eaten more but would not have finished my dinner then.
I did on line reservations....wasn't sure if I was to call to confirm or if they call to confirm. I called late the evening before we were to eat there, gave my name only before the woman on the line very excitedly called me by my name and said "I see you will be dining with us tomorrow night". We had a very pleasant conversation then. She told me the parking situation. I do suggest that the lot be marked to say that parking is allowed there for Molinari's. Each staff member who had contact with us was pleasant and helpful.
Only drawback was the frigid temperature in the restaurant. We did ask for the temperature to be raised but if it was, it was very short lived.

• Visited June 2013

New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
“won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Been there several times , have been imprerssed w/ quality, taste and presentation of food . Staff was helpful, bartender the best !!!!!!. We are fortunate to have visited Italy a few times and
the food is just as good - believe me we are lucky to have a resturant like this in the LV.

• Visited February 2013
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
“Great food and outstanding staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have dined at Molinari's several times and have had a very good experience each time. Great food and outstanding staff who are friendly and helpful. Pasta is all made in house and available as half portions which are still plenty for one person. Make sure to check out the outstanding Italian beer list.

• Visited October 2012
Bethlehem, PA
“Great atmosphere, food, service and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Authentic Italian cuisine. Each dish we had was prepared with lots of flavor and you can tell the ingredients where fresh (and local). The menu has standard/regular items i.e., pork chop, bolognese, bucatini alla matriciana. And the specials are unique. Portions are just right. The wines are mostly Italian and they have an extensive Italian beer selection. The servers are knowledgeable and not pretentious. Atmosphere is quality and simple. The bar is a great place to dine or have a cocktail before you dine. This is a family run business in the most positive sense... with attention to detail (my bride was given a red rose on Valentines day), sincere care for guests and with a clear execution and understanding that value is quality service, food, atmosphere & price. We have dined here over 10 times and rate each experience a ten. This is real Italian fare, the likes if which we have experienced in Italy and secondarily in the best restaurants in New York or Philadelphia.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Ottimo posto per mangiare (great spot to eat)!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I have dined at Molinari's several times and must have tried 10 different dinner entrees between us. Everything (and I do mean everything) is a good choice! There's nothing we haven't liked yet (the salmon dish with swiss chard is my personal favorite). The atmosphere is contemporary and comfortable. We'll be returning, I'm sure, many more times, because we both believe it's one of the best restaurants in town. Highly recommended -- if I could give more than a 5 star rating, I would!

• Visited January 2013