“Good atmosphere and food”
Review of Tapas on Main

Tapas on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Tapas on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 361 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W Market Street
Reviewed August 26, 2012

First time at Tapas on Main and I will return to try some of the other items on the menu. I went on a Friday at lunch with my husband and son. We all had the dueto special. We each had a different one and shared a pitch of Sangria. For dessert we shared the Churros which were superb. We also had good strong black coffee.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I celebrated my birthday at Tapas on Main in August of 2012. I was a bit skeptical about this restaurant since most restaurants in the area that have attempted a Tapas style menu have failed to impress. I’m a big fan of Jose Andres and his style of Tapas cuisine. I must say I was incredibly impressed with my experience at Taps on Main in Bethlehem.

Our waiter Sean was fabulous! Since we unknowingly visited the area during Musikfest (a very busy event in the town of Bethlehem) the restaurant was packed. When we made reservations for the dinner, the hostess neglected to tell us there was a large festival taking place in the area that night. I expected poor service due to the overcrowding but Sean was superior in attending to our every need. We were also stuck in a table tucked away from the rest of the restaurant which I thought would equate to us being forgotten about.

We ordered the Papas a la Francesa, which was their take on the famous Patatas Bravas. This was delicious and one of the things I will definitly be ordering again when we return. My husband had the Fried Calamari which he thoroughly enjoyed. The calamari was an enormous portion for a Tapa and we had to bring most of that home. Next we ordered the Filet Skewers and the Coca Camerones. These were both delicious and it was nice to try something new in the Tapas world and enjoy it. Lastly we ordered the more traditional Tapas of Gambas al Ajillo and Pollo Croquetas. The Gambas are served in more of a broth than the traditional dish, however I was impressed with the size and the amount of shrimp specifically in this Tapa. The Pollo Croquetas are my absolute favorite Tapa and I recreate Jose Andres at home as often as possible. I really enjoyed Tapas on Main’s version of the Pollo Croquetas Tapa and I will also be ordering this dish again on my return trip.

All of the Tapas were appropriate portions for two people. We never felt that we didn’t have enough food which tends to be the popular problem at local restaurants who attempt a Tapas style menu.

Their Classic Red Sangria is delicious and a true Sangria, which includes Brandy. I recommend the classic red, or try one of their other tasty flavored Sangrias. I believe their Happy Hour advertises a discount on Sangria which is worth planning a trip around.

For desert had the chocolate cake and it was fantastic. The desert was a lovely end to a wonderful meal.

Our whole meal was under $100 (with tip) for two people which is rare for a quality Tapas Restaurant. We easily spend over $200 for the same meal at Jaleo in Washington, DC on any given weekend. For those who enjoy Tapas or are looking for a new food experience in the area, I would definitely recommend giving Tapas on Main a try. The town of Bethlehem is adorable and has a number of local shops to visit before or after your meal.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I'm a proud Main Street resident and this is my favorite place in the city. A wonderful selection of high quality food that is presented with care. The sangrias are great; my favorite by far is the pineapple mint. My only criticism, and it's a small one, is that one or two more desert options would be nice.

Overall it's just a very relaxing place to hang out, especially if you can get a seat outside. The service is very good; the right balance of attentiveness and knowledge about the menu. if you are in town, definitely check it out.

1  Thank VT4Me2
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We came with friends and had a wonderful time. The atmosphere was warm and inviting and the foods were wonderful, we especially enjoyed the blood orange sangria. We'll go back again soon:)

Reviewed July 9, 2012

excellent addition to down town Bethlehem
had wide variety of tapas including torta, shrimp, octopus and spanish fries
churros and chocolate for dessert
friendly service