“A historically beautiful hotel w/great staff ”

Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

The accommodations are clean and comfortable. The lobby is very welcoming with relaxing furniture. The preservation of history while sustaining the modern needs is spectacular. But the icing on the cake is the impeccable service due to an amazing staff. They are all clearly working together to an end goal! Great place to stay for a short stay, or an extended stay as I have done for two weeks.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Sean L, Manager at Historic Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Hi Boater1325,

Thank you so much for the kind words! We work very hard to preserve as much of the hotels history as possible all while offering the modern amenities that our guests have come to expect. We have to agree with you about our staff. We have a great team whose number one goal is ensuring that all of our guests have a wonderful experience from start to finish.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Bethlehem. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

After a dreadful experience in an hotel in Allentown due to Hotel Bethlehem being booked out, it was a pleasure to arrive at this elegant and charming place. The rooms were wonderfully luxurious and comfortable. As we were attending a conference at the hotel we thoroughly enjoyed this historic hotel with a feel of by-gone elegance. Situated in the delightful historic centre of Bethlehem during harvest festival was wonderful for a South Africa. glitch was the lengthy time it took to resolve a credit card error.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hi Snowgoose,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate you on your previous trip to Bethlehem. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself while attending your conference at the Hotel. We are located in the heart of Historic Bethlehem and there is always something to see or do while you are here. Harvest Fest is one of my favorite festivals.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon…

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night for a business trip (you know the sort of trip .... Defined by airports Heathrow Chicago Cleveland Chicago San Francisco Newark Heathrow in 5 days).

Have to confess I picked the hotel rather than let the company travel agent pick the usual dross. This is a great hotel. Avoid if you want Ikea blandness but if you want character it's great. The food too is really good too. I ate in the Tap Room. Alligator tail for starter ... not had that before as there aren't many alligators in Cambridge. And I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't be allowed to eat any that there are. It was excellent. Perhaps we should introduce them to the fens.......

Live jazz. Full restaurant.

Great place. My only criticism is that I ordered fries with my main course steak ( as opposed to mash stipulated on the menu). The fries did not materialise. Why do waiters in the US think it is good to try to remember the order rather than write it down?

But this was a minor blip on a great experience. Just wish my partner was here. She would love it.

If you find yourself in Bethlehem (Pennsylvania) id urge you to go for it

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank G B

Hi GB,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I have not personally tried the Alligator tail however I do hear it is very popular. I’m glad that you enjoyed it! We have live music in the Tap Room Wednesday through Sunday and we Feature Jazz music every Thursday. We appreciate all of your feedback. I would like to apologize for the service shortfall with your dinner. I have shared your comments with our Director of Restaurants and her team. They are working to ensure that it does not happen in the future.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. We hope your partner has the opportunity to join you should you travel to Bethlehem in the future!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed at HHB for a business stay of 4 days. The hotel really has character and very friendly staff. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated and very powerful heating - very nice after a day out in the cold.

A dawback is the lack of healthy varieties at breakfast. There is a "healthy" option, but it is pretty plain. A workaround for Europeans is a bowl of berries, yoghurt and orange juice, ordered separately. The muesli is sugar crusted and doesn't work ;)

Room Tip: x33 is far away from WiFi, 620 is very close to a quite noisy fridge, for 720 it's an ice machin...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hi Sprudeldudel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments. We are currently reviewing the healthy selections on our breakfast menu and will be improving upon them very soon.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Bethlehem. We hope to see you soon…

Reviewed March 5, 2014

As a surprise get away for my Mothers Birthday, my sister, daughter and myself reserved the Presidential Suite for the weekend at the Hotel Bethleham. I have had the opportunity to visit the Hotel several times before, and was so excited for my Mom and Sister to have a wonderful expereience. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Hotel. It is not like any other Hotel I have visited and staying in a room at the hotel is an experience of its own when visiting Bethleham. The beds are cozy, comfortable, that you hate when morning arrives....the rooms are immacuately clean, a must for me at all times!! The staff are pleasant, helpful and very courteous. We had the Sunday brunch that was outstanding, and they nver ran out of any food item, replacing as soon as they needed to do so.The town itself is charming with many shops to visit, too many resturants to try, its hard to decide, and truely a great time away at anytime of the year.I will be returning in April for business and cannot wait!! my family made many special memories this weekend and hope to return next year for another Birhtday!1 (its better a better gift than a sweater!!!)

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view, the top floors give a great view of not only the surrounding buildings...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Hi Sharon R,

Happy Birthday to Mom! Thank you for choosing to celebrate her Special day with us. We are thrilled to hear that everyone had a great time! I’m glad you all had a great night sleep on our Serta Perfect Sleepers and were able to join us for our Musical Sunday Brunch. There is so much to see and do right outside our doors you could certainly fill a few days exploring everything Historic Bethlehem has to offer. The Presidential Suite offers you unique dual views of Historic Main St, Historic Moravian Bethlehem, and the Bethlehem Star on South Mountain.

Thank you! We look forward to welcoming you back in April and again for the next Birthday celebration!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Hotel Bethlehem is THE place to be. Everything is done with class and courtesy. Great attention is given to pleasing their customers. It has a good location for walking historic Bethlehem and it's shops and easy to access from major roads in the area.
We go there for special occasions and when we need a treat.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sean L, Manager at Historic Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Hi Nancy S,

Thank you so much for saying we are “THE place to be”. Our goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations and to make sure that everyone enjoys themselves while they are here. We are happy to hear that we did just that during your stay.

Thank you again! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you need a treat!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is my second affair at the hotel. My daughter had her bridal shower there in 2012 and on March 1st, 2014 we just had her baby shower at the hotel. The food at the shower was excellent, everyone commented on just how good it was. The staff especially RoseMarie and Martin were wonderful, they were always there helping you. Of course, the Terrace Room is a favorite of mine with stunning views of the town and a very intimate feeling in the room. I would again have another affair there, I give them a A+. Kathy C

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathleen C

Hi Kathleen C,

Thank you so much for choosing us to host your daughters’ bridal shower in 2012 and her baby shower in 2014. We are happy to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves. The ambiance in 1741 on the Terrace just can’t be beat. Rose Marie and Martin are two of our best and Rose Marie was just named our associate of the month.

Thank you! We look forward to hosting your next event!