Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Hyatt Place Bethlehem(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/31
$143
$139
Comfort Suites University(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
$85
$137
$119
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$89
$67
$111
Free cancellation until 06/01
$199
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$109
$102
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$98
$92
Travelocity
$129
$116
Courtyard
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$159
$143
Travelocity
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

1,067 results
All reviewsgrand ballroommoravian churchmain streetterrace roomcocktail hourlehigh roomold world charmbethlehem starpenn statewedding receptionrooms are smallchristmas decorationsmodern convenienceschristmas seasonlobby barwonderful hotelthe entire staff
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We went to Bethlehem for a wedding and chose this historic hotel.... what a good decision! Beautiful building, terrific staff, great bar food and drinks while we waited for our room. Our room, tho a little small, was charming and had a beautiful view. And Sunday buffet was fabulous.
Wish we had come earlier or stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mxbgirl
Slauth, Manager at Historic Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Hi mxbgirl,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in town for the wedding. It is nice to hear that you had a good time during your stay. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share you experience with everyone. I have to agree with you, our guest rooms do offer some of the best views in Bethlehem.

Thank you again. We hope to welcome you back soon…

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I recently visited family in the Lehigh Valley, and stayed at the Hotel Bethlehem. I had been at the Hotel before, but had never stayed there.
The hotel was fantastic! The staff were all very friendly, and the Hotel was clean and beautifully decorated. My room was also very nice. It was extremely clean, and I loved the marble in the bathroom.
We dined in the Tap Room, and the food was not only reasonably priced, it was extremely tasty! The atmosphere was also very nice, as well as the view overlooking the City's Main Street. There was a very good choice of menu items. We all enjoyed our meal very much. we received excellent service. Everyone was super friendly.
They even have a concierge, which I thought was a nice touch, and unexpected for a hotel in this area. Very friendly girl.
One other thing that I noticed that I had not seen last time was they also have a Gift Shop. It's a bit on the small side, but they carry all thebnecessities, and some very unique and nice items. Even jewelry!
We ended up spending more time than planned visiting with the family at the Hotel because it was so nice, and also a treat for my family. We enjoyed walking around on Main Street. There are lots of shops and things to see there, too.
Can't wait until my next visit!! We will definitely stay at the Hotel Bethlehem.

Room Tip: We enjoy the higher floor overlooking Main Street. I believe they also have mountain view rooms, too, which are probably very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MPRH9609

Hi MPRH9609,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed yourselves during your stay.

Thank you again! We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stay here twice a month. Staff is outstanding. Bob and Jessica in the 1741 are the best wait staff anywhere. Bartenders mix drinks perfectly to order. Food is the best. All the staff is polite and attentive, never smarmy at all. Best place we stay. Our favorite hotel anywhere. It's like coming home from a trip on a trip. Housekeeping staff, especially Maria, are always gracious and helpful.

Marvin and Jean Padgett

Room Tip: All are great. Gracious hotel rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ElmerPadgett

Hi Mr. & Mrs. Padgett,

Thank you for being a part of the Hotels family! We appreciate your loyalty always look forward to welcoming you back each and every time.

Thank you again! Until next time…

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a classic old but updated hotel that maintains its character. I suppose I just travel a lot and it's very hard to find that perfect hotel. I have very high standards as you've suspected. The areas most hotels "fall down" are excessive noise due to their own ill trained underpaid staff or their (hotel's) inconsiderate clients and their lack of thoughtfulness for others. This is my huge pet peeve. I suppose I should just stop traveling, and staying at hotels, huh? That's hard to do. As it's my job though. I understand why Americans love their RV's now. That being said, the general smiling staff is very pleasant and they try hard. The beds are comfortable as are the pillows. The rooms are nice and cool in the summer's hot July. Good quiet a/c. No in room mini refrigerator's (darn!). Bring your own hair dryer! These in room one's make lots of noise and you'd think the wind would be tornado like. In reality, it's a trickle of hot wind! High points: Wired internet's great, very fast. Love it. Nearby: nice downtown historic location with many good or excellent ethnic restaurants from burgers, brews, Italian to Mexican to Thai to Spanish Tapas and Johnny's Bagel/Deli (great fresh breakfast for cheaper eats) smack across the street from the hotel. All within easy walking distances. Morning complimentary homemade warm Moravian cake (yumm!) with fresh coffee in the beautiful lobby ladened with very comfy leather furniture. Any who... look over by that Terrace room restaurant for the morning cake. Its not so obvious. Behind that concierge desk. I like this hotel a lot. Just wish it were quieter at times.

Room Tip: Not sure. End of hallway? Away from vending, ice machines and elevator?
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Airbus300
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Hi Airbus300,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. We recently upgraded the bedding in our guest rooms and we are happy to hear that you found them comfortable. We have also installed fiber optic lines to improve our internet speed. We do offer mini fridges upon request. Let us know the next time you are staying with us and we will make sure we have one in your room.

Our General Manager Dennis Costello would like the opportunity to discuss the noise issues during your recent stay. Mr. Costello can be reached at DCOSTELLO@HOTELBETHLEHEM.COM

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Just came home from a one night stay at this lovely hotel. It is restored to perfection. We stayed on the 5th floor corner room. Lovely view of downtown Bethlehem. The staff went out of its way to be friendly. We had a cocktail in the Tap Room. Enjoyed looking at all the photos of the past famous guest from Lillian Gish to Phyllis Diller. Dinner in the terrace room was fabulous. There was also a wedding going on. I took a peak into the banquet hall. The decor took my breath away. This is most definitely an adult hotel. No ammenities for the kids. If given the chance I would return to explore the area further. I hear Christmas time is a wonderful time to visit.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces downtown. We paid the extra to stay in a mini suite and I am glad we did.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SusanneLee
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Hi Susannelee,

Thank you for your kind words. We are always working to restore different areas of the hotel, thank you for noticing. Our corner rooms do offer some of the best views in Bethlehem. The associates truly enjoy making sure every guest has a wonderful experience. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the Tap Room and 1741 on the Terrace . You will have to take a look at the wall of Former guests the next time you are here to see if any have changed.

You are correct. Bethlehem is a sight to be seen during the Christmas Season. It truly is our time to shine. The town and the Hotel are beautifully decorated from top to bottom. We hope that you are able to join us. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us while you were in Bethlehem!