“Great Atmosphere - unfortunately food isnt”
Review of La Tosca Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My husband had been wanting to try this place for a long time. Since I was able to get a restaurant.com certificate we decided to go. Thankfully I didn't feel as bad because of the certificate. I ordered the Pasta Fagioli soup ($6) and he had the arugula salad ($7) to start. Soup was OK but not for that price. Salad had arugula and 2 cherry tomatoes cut in half. The dressing was excellant but not worth the price. For entrees my husband had a dish that was supposed to be spinach, fontina cheese, proscuitto rolled up in chicken breast. What he received was spinach, rolled up in the chicken with mushrooms on top. When he asked the waitress what he received because there was no ham or cheese she said it was the correct dish. I ordered the veal saltembocca which was tough and salty but at least it was as described. 4 green beans, 2 carrot slices, and a half of a red potato completed each dish. The manager finally came over and said that the waitress is supposed to tell people that the chicken dish has mushrooms but she didn't. We didn't push about the lack of ham or cheese. He did offer to make something else which we declined. After that he brought out the dessert menu and asked us both to select one on the house. I had the lemon cake and my husband had the chocolate cake. Definitely the highlight of the evening. My suggestion if you are going there - go for drinks and dessert and enjoy the place because it is beautifully decorated.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

This was our first time at this restaurant. Good selection on the menu and specials were very interesting. The Osso Buco on the special menu was fabulous. My wife pasta primavera had wonderful flavor but he vegetables were cut too fine and not as enjoyable as more "chunky" veggies. Service was good.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I was surprised when I did not see this restaurant listed on Tripadvisor; my wife and I have frequented this restaurant on a couple of special occassions. The food and atmosphere have always been exceptionally good. The desserts are to die for; my only negative observation is that the food is very pricy; fortunatly you can purchase gift certificates at restaurant.com which helps in this area.