“Not the best choice for Italian in the Lehigh Valley.”
Review of Emeril's Italian Table - CLOSED

Emeril's Italian Table
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Third Street
Description: Emeril Lagasse serves up his signature take on the familiar Italian staples that he knows and loves.
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
“Not the best choice for Italian in the Lehigh Valley.”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Was not impressed by anything at this restaurant. The place is not bad but with Emeril's name on it I would expect food and service better than other fine Italian establishments in the Lehigh Valley such as Sette Luna or Molinari's. Emeril's Italian Table doesn't come close.

Had a Sunday night reservation for two and we were seated immediately although it was not needed as the place was very slow. We started off with a Burrata Salad and soup of the day which was Sausage & Potato, both of which were enjoyable. For entrees I had the Veal Saltimbocca and the wife got Linguini Alfredo. While the portions were large with plenty to bring home neither dish offered much excitement on the palate and the Saltimbocca was pretty bland. For dessert I ordered the Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Tart which was very tasty but I would have preferred more than the tiny smear of the Espresso sauce on the plate. My wife got the Cannoli which both of us did not like at all. The Mascarpone filling is infused with an Orange flavor which is not stated in the menu description. An Orange Cannoli is not standard fare and while it is fine to offer one you should make sure this flavor profile is clearly spelled out on the menu. Our server informed us (after the fact) that many customers do not like them and send them back often. She gladly removed that item from our bill.

That leads me to the service which was barely average. As I mention above, if you are a server that sees an item returned a lot, why would you not inform a diner ordering this item. I am assuming that our server was new as she was very scattered in presenting of the specials as well as taking our orders.

• Visited September 2012

Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
“Late Night Snack”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went for a late night snack after a recent concert at the Sands. Had the shrimp bruscetta and the white pizza. Both were fabulous, lick the plate clean dishes! Not sure when we'll be back at the Sands, but we'll definately be back at Emeril's

• Visited September 2012
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
“Worst dining experience ever!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The staff was ignorant, it is placed right @ the side of the casino, the noise is overbearing. The wait staff is awful, we were served cold, watery, half-cooked pasta, tossed @ us in cereal bowls.
I even wrote to the website, no response.
Apparently they don't care. I was highly embarrassed, as I took friends from out of town for a special dinner. One thing is certain, they won't forget it.

Visited August 2012
Bloomsbury, New Jersey
“used my comps”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

very nice setting inside the casino have had a free lunch for two there from the casino. food wwas very good. and best of all free

Visited August 2012
Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA
“Ok but not exceptional Italian fare”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We just paid our second visit to Emeril's Italian Table. First time was right after it opened. Overall things are about the same...

The opinions at our table varied...

I ordered pasta with red sauce. It was quite bland with very little sauce. The waitress brought additional sauce which helped, but still not up to what I could have gotten at a local Italian restaurant without the famous name. I was rather diappointed that the unique thin bread sticks that had at opening time have been replaced with conventional bread such as that served at Emeril's Chop House.

My wife had a salmon dish that she said was very good, although the portion was not great for the price, As with the Chop House, everything is ala carte,,,no salad included...advantage > local no name restaurant.

If you're at the Casino already and need a place to eat it's not a bad choice, however I wouldn't plan a trip there just to eat here.

• Visited August 2012