Sands Casino Resort
Hyatt Place Bethlehem(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
$143
$125
Comfort Suites University(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
$80
$137
$119
Hampton.com
$89
$67
$111
$199
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem(Bethlehem)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Restaurant
$129
$116
Courtyard
All reviewsfood courtoutlet mallatlantic citytable gamescarnegie delichop houseevent centerirish pubnon smoking sectionconcert venuebethlehem steelcontinental breakfastsands casinoroom keynice featurebagelsgreat weekend
Reviewed November 3, 2013

What an amazing evening!!! My friends and I were bored so decided to hit the road. We were going to do Atlantic City but Sands Casino was much closer by 30 mins. We were all fist timers to Sands Casino and nothing was planned, we just went spare of the moment.

Once we got there it was live and fun entertainer. But once we step off the elevator these non smoker remembered on SMOKING ALLOWED. We walked around to get a feel of the place. The thing that is starting to upset me is that casinos do not carry black jack machines anymore. The excuse they said was, there are no more machine because they have table now. WHAT EVER!!!! If that is the case then get rid of the poker machine too. You have tables, lol. Out side of that we had a blast.

Mall area was great!! I had a nice mix of stores from high end Coach, to low end dress barns. I came out with some great deals. The mall has about 25 stores and 2 levels. It was nice to be able to walk around in not only the casino.

Live entertainment was a surprise. There was a band playing and they sound great. My friends and I started dancing.

Drinks were pretty reasonable. I had a rum and coke for $7 and sodas were free at the bar.

Just a reminder that if you are not a smoker you clothes and coat will smell of smoke for the next few days.

On the machines I start with $10 and left out with $10.18, lol.

In all I had a blast and would do it again, Great job SANDS!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you very much for reviewing Sands Bethlehem on TripAdvisor - We appreciate your positive feedback! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you found the overall property to be entertaining and eventful. I am also pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the Sands Outlets and live entertainment at Molten Lounge.

On behalf of the entire team at Sands Bethlehem, I truly appreciate that you have allowed me the opportunity to learn about your recent visit, and I also appreciate the suggestions you have provided. Please be assured that we do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly. We invite you to visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was a overnight stay on our way hone from NYC. We wish we could have stay a few more days. The staff very helpful & friendly, room was very spacious, king size bed, very comfortable. You not just have the casino but many food places and a outlet mall too. I give it 5***** all the way. Hope to return soon.

Tim & Vicky Dopp
Cranberry Township, PA

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for reviewing Sands Bethlehem on TripAdvisor - We appreciate your positive review! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations at the Sands Hotel and that you found your room to be spacious and comfortable. I am also pleased to hear that you were treated with unmatched customer service as it is our goal to make every customer feel welcomed here at Sands Bethlehem.

Again, thank you for reviewing Sands Bethlehem on TripAdvisor. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we are excited for your return in the near future!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

While we've enjoyed gaming at the Sands for some time, our 10th anniversary was our first stay at the hotel, and we were very pleased. Roses I ordered from a local florist recommended by the hotel were there awaiting us, as was a very nice letter from the hotel wishing us a happy anniversary. This was a very nice touch and something most properties wouldn't think to do. Bravo. Room had large flat screen TV with good channel selection and free Internet (a rarity at a casino hotel), Room was immaculately clean. Water in shower was hot and the beds were very comfortable. Prices were fair for the on-property setting ($149 Saturday, $99 Sunday). The casino is our favorite in the Northeast -- great selection of games, big but not massive like CT casinos. And the Carnegie Deli now offers half sandwiches with fries for those who can't eat the whole thing. Finally, the small (but nearly full) outlet mall under the same roof is very nice as well.

Only issues: The beds are made with flat rather than fitted sheets, and I think the sheets are a bit too small. Both nights our regular sleep (and not some other activity) caused them to come untucked rather badly. The other thing is that there is nothing in the room (including in the book that tells all about the hotel) telling you where to find the (ok) free continental breakfast, and it's not in an obvious place. (It's in Emeril's Italian Kitchen, down a long hallway and almost to the casino.) If the sheets stayed on the bed and there was a card in the room saying where the breakfast was, this would have been a perfect stay -- but even with those very minor issues, five stars to the Sands. There are other lodging options that are less expensive in and around Bethlehem that are very nice indeed (it's a great area for lodging quality in all price ranges), but for a special couples' treat I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at Sands Bethlehem - It was a pleasure reading your review! I am delighted that there were so many pleasant highlights about your stay and I appreciate you sharing the positive aspects about your stay. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of the restaurants, Outlet center, and other various other amenities on property.

Also, I appreciate the constructive feedback you provided about the bed and continental breakfast. I will pass your comments along to Hotel management for review so they may be better able to serve our customers moving forward.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your 10th anniversary, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

A customer of ours gave us a gift card for the Sands. We stayed on a Sunday night. The room rate was very reasonable. We booked the room on line and had the fastest check-in we have ever experienced. Christina at the desk in the lobby pulled our name up immediately and had our keys ready in less than a minute. She told us where the elevators were and how to operate them. We weren't even in our room five minutes when the extra towels we requested arrived. The room was clean and modern. Free wireless is always a plus. We ordered room service from Emerils. We were a little disappointed with the service. We ordered beverages and 20 minutes later ordered food. Although we were told the beverages would be delivered immediately, they instead delivered the food and beverages at the same time. Just under an hour from our original beverage order. This was the only inconvenience. Check out was also quick and painless by using video check out. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review of Sands Bethlehem! It is our goal that make sure that our guests are showered in luxury from the moment they arrive to the moment they depart, so I am pleased that you were able to experience just that. I'm also happy to hear that you were welcomed with excellent customer service, as that is something we continuously strive for.

Thank you for sharing your review on room service from Emeril's Italian Table with us. I will be sure to pass along your comments to restaurant management for review so they may be able to solve the issues at hand.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem in the near future!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at the Sands for our anniversary and paid the hefty price tag for a Saturday night stay ($299) expecting to "rest easy on a king-sized pillow top bed in our Deluxe King room". The bed was hard as a board. The pillows were wafer thin. We really expected more luxury for the price. The room was dark and the shower took about five minutes to get hot. Tepid is the best way to describe it. The free breakfast was bagels and fruit. Again, I expected more since we were paying top dollar. The room was definitely not worth the price we paid. I'd recommend the Marriott or Homewood Suites to someone looking for a place to stay.

4  Thank NJ4Beatles

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sands Bethlehem. I appreciate you taking the time to apprise me of your recent stay experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the difficulties you experienced with the bed, pillows, and shower. I'm sure that if you would have contacted the front desk, they would have been able to find a better solution to your sleeping arrangements. Please note that I will forward your comments to hotel management for review so we may find a solution to the problems you listed here.

You are a valued customer, therefore I extend my apologies and invite you to get in touch with us directly at guestservices@pasands.com. It is my sincere hope that your next stay will exceed your expectations.