“Nice and small hotel”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
New York City, New York
“Nice and small hotel”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We used the hotel valet and were surprised to see such a small area for drop off. The hotel is small and is within range for pricing. We usually get comped in avenges and AC, so we are not used to paying for a casino hotel. The check in is a single desk and you will wait to check out a long time when everyone is leaving. The hotel itself is nice, the casino I felt was very smokey and packed and I didn't get to enjoy the shopping that this property has to offer. I need to return another time. The room was great, clean and standard for a casino hotel. The location seems to be in the middle of nowhere, so we came, we saw, and we were back on the road.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sands Bethlehem. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel and casino to be tidy and clean, however I am disappointed to hear that you found the casino area to be smoky. On behalf of Sands Bethlehem, I apologize for the smokiness you experienced, however I am glad that this did not deter you from planning another visit! Please note that I will pass your comments along to the appropriate department for review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sands Bethlehem in the near future!

Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sands. We were there for a convention that was being held at the hotel. No problems to note. The rooms were very nice and our floor was very quiet, even though the hotel was sold out for the weekend. Walking through the casino, I didn't find it to be overly smokey at all.

It's in perfect walking distance to the Steel Stacks, and we found a great local bar with a hockey rink attached right down the street.

Overall, great experience staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your positive review with us at Sands Bethlehem! I am glad that you had a great time during your convention, and I'm pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to having you back again soon.

Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I really enjoyed the Sands in Bethlehem. It is a very nice hotel with good amenities! The location is great too. Venture west into the city of Bethlehem too! Nice town! The staff and valet parking attendants were very attentive. The casino is nice too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience and your satisfaction with us at Sands Bethlehem! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and all that Bethlehem, PA has to offer. Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 17, 2013

As a visitor to over 50 casinos around the U.S. - this casino is unlike anything I have ever seen. It is in the old Bethlehem Steel plant building - a blend of old and new - the inside is clean and luxe and huge - lots of slots, plenty of tables, shopping outlet stores on -site and many choices of food. I did not stay at the hotel. This review is about the casino area only.

Room Tip: did not stay at resort - only visited casino
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem! The old SteelStacks property definitely provides some awe-inspiring views, and I am happy to know that you were able to enjoy the scenery. Also, I'm very happy that you noticed all of the great additions to our property, including the Sands Outlets and various dining options.

Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sands Bethlehem in the near future!

Harrison, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here beginning of September, price was good for the quality we received.
The room we stayed in was spacious and clean.
Only part that was a bit annoying was key card had to be swiped in elevator, had to be in room for electricty/AC to work - just needed getting use to.
Convenient for Casino, restaurants and shopping located inside.
Sign up for the Sands casino card and you will receive a better rate for hotel rooms.
Would definitely stay again as check in to check out was very smooth! Also offer basic continental breakfast

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sands Bethlehem! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for your fellow travelers on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you had a great time, however I apologize for the difficulties you experienced with the key card in your hotel room - I hope that this did not dampen your stay.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I saw a comedian last year at the Event Center. The seats were literally right behind a structural column. I couldn't believe they'd even sell those seats. My husband and I ended up standing the who time. I'm seeing the same comedian this year, and made sure to get front row seats this time to avoid looking at cement the whole time. I would stay at the hotel, but if last year's seats are any indication of how this hotel is run, I think I'll just stay somewhere else.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Angie A
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your experience at the Sands Event Center. I am disappointed to hear about your seating mishap, and apologize on behalf of the Sands Event Center.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this mishap does not deter you from visiting Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit. If you would like to contact us directly, please email us at guestservices@pasands.com.

Needham, MA
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here because we thought it might be fun for a quick one night stop before visiting colleges in the area. An interesting idea to renovate the old steel factory but in essence just an ugly hotel with low end amenities and facilities. The only bright spot was the choice of restaurants. We ate at Emeril's Italian Table which was quite good. The outlet mall was pathetic with very few stores. The casino was packed so for those that like to come and smoke themselves to death and gamble their money away it must be fine. When walking to check out the restaurants, we were enveloped in the smoke which ruined the experience. Maybe a fine place for smoking gamblers but not for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Krispy50
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for allowing Sands Bethlehem to be your host during your recent visit to the Lehigh Valley. Your feedback is very much appreciated and is very valuable to us. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success, and I am sorry for the negative impact the smoke had upon your well-being, and overall experience here.

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies and I invite you to get in touch with our guest relations department as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of your visit and to do what it takes to earn your future loyalty. Please contact us at guestservices@pasands.com so we may be able to learn more about your experience at Sands Bethlehem.