“Very good use of dilapidated land!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sands Casino Resort

Sands Casino Resort
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Harrisburg
“Very good use of dilapidated land!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very good use of what was a eyesore. Our stay at the hotel was very nice from the pleasant valet attendant to the courteous hotel receptionist. The room is very spacious with ample amenities. Very nice shopping mall with plenty of deals to be had. Only complaint would be the table games staff be more knowledgeable about payouts. I had to correct the dice crew numerous of times. The box person and floor were very social however not ensuring enough for my liking. I felt as if my money was not being taken care of. Dealers could use a bit more training, this would help their toke rate which I heard being discussed at the table with another dice dealer from mt. Airy. Wasn't what I consider a classy conversation. Overall experience was enjoyable and would make a return in the near future.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for recommending Sands Bethlehem to your fellow travelers. Earning referrals from previous guests is a wonderful compliment that you have given. Still, however, I apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced on the gaming floor. Please be assured that I will send your comments to the appropriate dept. for review so they may be able to correct the issues at hand.

All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight for our anniversary as we got engaged also at the casino. Upon arrival, the hotel rooms seemed very clean, upkeep well. We ordered room service. Disappointing you can only order room service from Emeril's Italian. Totally screwed up our order. We ordered the lasagna and chicken parm - received two orders? Never brought our drinks - had to call down for them. The salad I ordered specifically with no anchovies or onions - both were on my salad. TV is difficult to figure out. It would be nice if it had a "guide" of what shows were on at the time you have the TV on instead of flipping through the channels to see what is on.

1 Thank Tink1212
Thank you for reaching out us on Trip Advisor! We appreciate the time you took to write about your experience and we are glad it has been brought to our attention. It is disappointing to hear that your visit to our property was not a complete success, and that you experienced less than satisfactory room service. As you know, TripAdvisor reviews are not linked to your reservation and therefore I cannot easily find a way to contact you; however, I encourage you to contact us directly at guestservices@pasands.com so may be able to resolve these issues and earn your future loyalty.

Thank you and I look welcoming you back soon!

Pottsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Beautiful accomodations. Hotel is top-notch. Clean, spacious all the amenities, free breakfast! Very happy with place. We were there during Musicfest. I highly recommend this attraction on anyone. The casino has enough tables and slots to satisfy anyone and there is always some kind of attraction whether it be a comedian, mixed martial arts fighting, boxing or music. Great shopping deals were going on and the food was excellent. Many types of restaurants to choose from.

1 Thank BigPoppaP40
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to read that Sands Bethlehem exceeded your expectations and provided you with excellent customer service and accommodations. All of us at Sands Bethlehem look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future!

Mississauga, Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel from Sept. 1, 2013 overnight. My husband and I joined a tour group and it's our first time to stay in this hotel. We were here for a night and I would strongly recommend this hotel. From their Hotel Manager Gary who welcomed us on our arrival until our departure. All their staff were very welcoming, helpful and accommodating. We would certainly come back. Our only negative comment is the room, it needs more lighting, otherwise it's comfortable and clean. Hats off to everyone! Keep up the excellent job! The hotel is a great location to have a relaxing time, I hope Taipan tour will organize a 2 night stay in your hotel! That will be awesome!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coraraj06
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Sands Bethlehem on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that your overall impression was positive. Please be assured that I will pass your thoughtful comments along to Gary and the rest of the hotel staff so that they're aware of the excellent customer service they provided to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future!

Hicksville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Sands for a long weekend. This was our third stay there. The hotel is still very nice and the rooms were clean. The casino could use some cleaning. It has deteriorated over the last few years. The addition of the outlets gives you something else to do but unfortunately, you have people who hanged out there and then hang out in the entrance hallway from the outlets to the hotels. It makes you a little uncomfortable. The staff at the Sands were wonderful and very attentive. The restaurants at the hotel are pretty good but a little pricey. Overall, it is a good place to go for a long weekend.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you recognized the cleanliness of the Sands Hotel, however I apologize that your stay was not a complete success. Please be assured that I will forward your comments along to the appropriate department for review.

Again, thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sands Bethlehem in the near future!

Nyack, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pros:
Free wifi
Free breakfast
Tv accessories are a plus
Room size is ok.
Cons;
Elevators are badly designed
Pool is small and not enough equipped.
------

Pros:
Free wifi
Free breakfast
Tv accessories are a plus
Room size is ok.
Cons;
Elevators are badly designed
Pool is small and not enough equipped.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at Sands Bethlehem. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as the continental breakfast. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of Sands Bethlehem for your "cons" during your stay. I am disheartened to learn that you were not able to enjoy your pool experience. Please be assured that I have forwarded your concerns to our Hotel/Pool Management team for review and internal resolve.

If you would like to reach out to us directly to give us additional detail on your stay, please don't hesitate to email us at guestservices@pasands.com.

San Antonio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stay at the Sands because it's near a business office that we visit regularly. I always feel awkward being at a hotel where others are there for fun and you're, well, not.
The rooms are ok - the adjoining doors allow way too much noise, unfortunately. I was glad when my neighbors quieted down. They seemed to be there for fun, and, well, you know how I feel about that.

Beds were good, rooms well appointed. I had an odd situation - the housekeeping staff forgot to leave any soap or shampoo. When I called down for some, I got shampoo but no soap. I made do (it was only one night) with shampoo for bath gel and hand wash but have to say that was a first.

We ate at one of the Emeril's locations on site. Their food court is also open early enough for a quick tea or java before we had to run to meetings. You get to walk thru the empty mall at that hour and window shop - guilt free.

Staff was friendly, we'll definitely return for both convenience, price and value.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a room without an adjoining door, which transmits too much noise.