“no cloud soft pillows here”

Sands Casino Resort
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights during a charity event at the steel stacks venue, the rooms are spacious and clean bathroom was very clean, the pillows however were very flat and semi firm, very uncomfortable my wife woke up with a headache both mornings. They give you a complimentary breakfast buffet that is just so so I have had better ones at Hampton Inns and Holiday Inns, at these room rates you would think they would have some hot items such as eggs, bacon, waffles pancakes etc. like some of the other chain hotels have. The coffee wasn't even that great!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PATRAVELER032
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing Sands Bethlehem as your host during your recent visit to Bethlehem, PA. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. I am sorry to hear about the issues with the pillows in the hotel. I will forward this comment to hotel management so they are aware of the issue. I'm also sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast choices in the hotel. We do our best to satisfy our guest's needs and we are always trying to improve the amenities for our guests, so I will also forward this comment to hotel management for review.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope that you return in the near future as we will work to improve the services to our guests.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

great gambling choices and nice shopping outlets but the hotel is average at best. the location is not convenient for anyone other than philly. u are better of going to parx for gambling or atlantic city if you are looking for more activities

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Foodguy4934

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your visit to Sands Bethlehem. I understand that there are many options when it comes to gaming in the PA & NJ areas, and we sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing us. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success, and we're sorry to hear that the location is not convenient for you to visit us. We are always adding new slot machines, table games, restaurants, and Outlet stores, so we hope that you decide to give us another chance and stop by in the near future as we will have more gaming, dining, and shopping options for you to choose from!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Property is new and room is comfortable. The casino is the main attraction so both the hotel and small connected outlet mall feel a bit like after thoughts. Overall the property is comfortable for a "casino hotel."

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dominic S

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and amenities, however I apologize for the challenges you experienced with the size of the hotel and Outlet center. We are always adding new stores, slots, table games, and restaurants, so we hope that you visit us in the near future to check out the new additions to Sands Bethlehem!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the hotel with two other couples and we had a great time.
We were there for a friend's 50th birthday. The rooms were well equipped and very clean. The beds were very comfortable, the shower was great. The staff were very friendly and when we needed extra towels or more shampoo, housekeeping brought it quickly to our room. While we were there we ate at the Chophouse and the food was excellent. They were very busy and although we had reservations, we had to wait about 15 min. to be seated. Once seated, the waiter treated us very well and the manager even sent over some delicious appetizers to make up for the wait. We were very pleased. The casino itself is small but not being much of a gambler, that was fine. They had a great band at the lounge one night. We also enjoyed shopping in the outlet stores.
All in all, it was a great time at the Sands Resort and Casino. We will return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank travel4me2day
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and feedback about Sands Bethlehem! Please be assured that your comments have been shared with our Team Members, and I know they will appreciate hearing your positive feedback.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! We hope to host you again in the near future and continue to amaze you with our excellent customer service. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

All the good restaurants are on the casino floor. Now usually this is not a problem, as anyone can access the main path, but here, they basically cut all access to the entire area to anyone below age limit. So not only do people under 21 cannot gamble, but they cannot fine dine. They can only eat fast food at the food court!

The distance from hotel to casino is too far away. I literally felt like I was hiking interstate to reach the casino. Do they even want people staying here to gamble?

I did stay here overnight and the room is clean and modern but where is the soap and shampoo? Now I know I can call room service to get them, but how can soap and shampoo be missing in a newly made room? I wanted to freshen up before I go to casino again and realized I was better off going to the public bathroom! And that's free!

I absolutely hate the military-styled shower only bathroom. It looks pretty, but does not work in my opinion. For centuries, man has bathe and shower in a TUB. What makes the Sands think they know better than centuries old history?

They only start building the buffet. A casino without a buffet? Are you kidding me??? The food choices here are small and dismal at best.

The casino is too small and crowded. I never have to wait to play slots anywhere but here I have to jostle over grandma and grandpa just to get to my favorite slot machine.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Max D

In regards to the missing soap and shampoo in your room - please know that we take these matters very seriously, and I will forward this to hotel management so they are aware of the situation. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Also, we apologize for the layout of the hotel and bathrooms. It is never our intention to cause any unwanted stress or inconvenience to our guests, and for this, we are truly sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties with this.

I also wanted to address your dining comments: First, due to PA state laws, anyone under the age of 21 is not permitted to enter the casino, however if they have a police escort, they are allowed to eat at any of the restaurants located inside of the building (arrangements must be made ahead of time). We apologize for the misunderstanding. And you may have noticed construction on our old buffet and bar, Cobalt, which will be turned into a new buffet and bar this summer. We're sorry for the inconvenience, however we working to improve the dining options for our guests!

Again, we apologize for the challenges you faced while visiting Sands Bethlehem. Please feel free to contact us directly at guestservices@pasands.com if you wish to further discuss your experience at Sands Bethlehem.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I came to Steel Stacks for a concert last night (4/25/13), and decided to check out the Sands Casino after. It was my wife's 36 birthday, and we decided to go to one of the bars

While literally talking about our kids, potty training, and daycare we were approached by the manager, who told us he could not serve us. When we asked what we had done to be cut off, he said we were visibly intoxicated. We only had two drinks, and no one was intoxicated.

We told him we had taken a limo there, and no one was driving. We politely asked what we did to cause attention to ourselves since we were literally talking among ourselves. He took that as a threat, and called security. We told him it wasn't necessary and left. We felt threatened and unsafe being there at this point.

He followed us out to our limo, and told security not to let us back in.

The management team doesn't have to worry about not letting us in, because we will never go back, and suggest people going there to think twice. We felt unsafe with the fact how quickly he escalated things. While I understand they do this for their patrons safety, we were probably the safest people in the hotel.

If you read the other reviews, it sounds like this is a common problem at the Sands. Frankly it was a little embarrassing for us, since we really didn't do anything.

If you're looking to have fun, I recommend spending the extra 30 mins in a car and heading to Atlantic City.

In addition to the above, the place was really run down, dirty, and I recommend travelers to stay away,

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Mike V
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your concerns about your visit here at Sands Bethlehem. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. Please contact us directly at guestservices@pasands.com (if you have not already done so) if you wish to further discuss your experience at Sands Bethlehem.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Travelled hear with a bunch of folks on a three day two night package. Since we arrived by bus, I guess scoobsmom would refer to us as "bus people". I did not know that a person's mode of transport would be an ample description of the person. That notwithstanding the hotel staff greeted or group in a very nice and efficient way. After a short briefing on the bus, we were able to go directly to our rooms without having to stop at the front desk. Our luggage was delivered to the room by the bell staff. Our room was spacious, well appointed, with very comfortable beds. Our room was also very quiet. Once inside, you did not hear any outside noise or noise from your neighbors. The shops, casino and restaurants provided plenty of adult things to do. Leave the kids at home with a sitter.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us on Trip Advisor! I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful trip to Sands Bethlehem and that you enjoyed your overall stay.

I also wanted to take a moment to thank you for staying with us! I value your patronage and I certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to provide you with excellent service.

Marketing Coordinator

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethlehem
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem
Comfort Suites University
#13 of 14 in Bethlehem
Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem
Bear Creek Mountain Resort

Been to Sands Casino Resort? Share your experiences!