Sands Casino Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfood courtoutlet mallatlantic citytable gamescarnegie delichop houseevent centerirish pubnon smoking sectionconcert venuebethlehem steelcontinental breakfastsands casinoroom keynice featurebagelsgreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Amazing how this place has gotten worse and worse over the months, yet the reviews seem to have gotten better and better....a miracle! I have been coming here since it openened.....often. It is dirty, pay outs are a joke, the bus people....don't get me started! They are rude, push you (literally), eat and SLEEP at slots, the food court has now become their hang out...they bring their own food and take over the tables and don't order anything but yet hang out there in gangs, they spit, (YES SPIT) in the casino.....and this makes for good reviews? Are you serious? When I say bus people, I do not mean the people on a day trip for a get a way, I mean these people seem like they are picked up and brought in from the worst areas of the street and are "set free" to rung amuck and cause chaos...stalkers while you eat, play, etc....GROSS! Locals complain over and over to anyone and everyone who works here and they just smile and say "uh huh" because what can they do about it? Where do these people come from who give this place good reviews? Don't you get out people? Seriously, it is what it is and impressive isn't the word! This place better get their act together because it is a filthy, scary (people) disgusting place......and the owners turn their heads....disgusting!

Room Tip: Try not to bump into the people sleeping and eating at the machines as you walk to your room!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jouxjoux
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for reaching out to us on Trip Advisor to share your experiences with us. If you could, please send us a private message and provide us your contact information so we can reach out to you directly. Or if you prefer, please contact us at guestservices@pasands.com as soon as possible.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend's 21st birthday, expecting a great hotel and casino experience. Because his birthday is February 13th, I booked the "Valentine's Day Package", which, for an extra 20$ includes 6 chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne. What we found out later was the bottle of champagne was tiny, not even enough for two glasses! (158 ML). When we arrived we realized that the concierge charged us an extra $30, and forgot to even deliver the Valentine's day gift. We called the front desk and told them about our dillema and (even though there is only ONE option for Valentine's Day, the one we booked), they claimed that the extra money was a security deposit. Shortly after they gave us our gift, even though that was supposed to be in our room upon arrival.

Although this was a negative first impression, we were willing to let it go. we were still in a good mood because it was both of our Birthday's and Valentine's day (His Bday is 2/13 and mine is 2/16), however, we were soon very disappointed.

Later on in the night, we were looking for a sock that had gone missing. My boyfriend looked under the bedskirt and found an old, used, dirty diaper (An adult sized diaper). Needless to say, we were both disgusted and uncomfortable. We called the front desk to have it disposed of and not only did they take twenty minutes to have it removed, but they were unwilling to refund us the room. The most they were willing to do is give us a $25 dining credit, and considering we found the diaper AFTER dinner and we were checking out the next morning, we weren't interested.

The Sands is a terribly run Casino/Hotel, and clearly their hotel management is horrific. I will NEVER return to this facility and would not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julia C
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for reaching out to us on Trip Advisor. Please send us a private message and provide us your contact information so we can correct this situation immediately. Or if you prefer, please contact us at guestservices@pasands.com as soon as you can.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Was visiting an Aunt who lives about an hour away from this casino. She had gotten something in the mail - to pick up some candy. I went along for the ride. No trouble at all to park. Everywhere I went was clean and I didn't have a problem with any smoke at all. After we picked up her huge box of candy we played the slots. My aunt bought me two huge slices of carrot cake at a smoothie place where the server was so nice. She got a couple of slices of cheesecake and we came home. I see by other reviews that there are packages so after I finish my review I'm going to take a look!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you sharing your positive feedback with us regarding your visit to Sands Bethlehem! I am pleased to read that we have earned your loyalty and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sands Bethlehem in the near future! Feel free to check out our hotel packages as we run different specials and promotions throughout the year.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Went back to The Sands over MLK weekend in January. The rooms are very nice and quiet with very comfy bed and top notch towels and appointments. Saturday night in the casino was packed, Sunday much better. I wish there was a whirlpool / hot tub to accompany the heated pool. My only other complaint is there seems to be a shortage of elevators. Parking is a breeze and its free. Will go back, maybe for a concert.

• Stayed: January 2013
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Sands Bethlehem on Trip Advisor! We are humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to better our services than by receiving vital feedback from a valued guest, such as yourself!

We truly appreciate that you have allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the suggestions you have provided. Please be assured that we do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly.

Again, thank you for your continued patronage and we all look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We decided to take a small overnight getaway to someplace new for our wedding anniversary. I looked at Sands online and picked one of there packages. We arrived at the hotel and were very quickly tended to by the valet. We had never been here before and it was dark when we arrived so we didn't see a lot of the outside atmosphere. The main lobby is huge and very classy. We checked in without hassle and went to the 14th floor where our king room awaited us. The rooms are very beautiful and spacious! They have all modern bells and whistles. Flat screen tv with all the hook ups for the computer and other gadgets, nice glass shower, and digital thermostat. The casino was so much nicer than other PA casinos we have been too!! They have alot of new machines and they have a huge playing floor covered in slots!!! The restaurants all seemed a little expensive but there are a lot of choices for food. Something that other PA casinos lack. Security was everywhere which I like to see. The restrooms were spotless!! Overall this is the best casino I think I have ever been too!! Loved the outlets right next to casino! Although there were not a lot of them they did have some great sales. We will definitely go back and spend some more nights here!! The only bad thing I found was that the hotel charged us $7 day to valet our car????

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Clc2012
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you very much for reviewing Sands Bethlehem on Trip Advisor; we appreciate your kind words! I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and that you were treated with unmatched customer service throughout your trip. I'm also honored that you chose to stay with us during such a special milestone in your life!

Since you addressed the issue of $7 valet parking, may I suggest that you use the self-parking lot next to the Event Center on future trips. This lot is free of charge for guests staying at the Sands Hotel.

Again, thank you for staying with us at Sands Bethlehem, and we look forward to hosting you again on future special occasions!