“Comfortable and relaxing room”

Sands Casino Resort
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The room was very clean and had the usual array of ammenities that would be expected for a casino hotel.
The bed was more comfortable than many places we stayed and noise between rooms was noticeably quiet.
The lobby is smaller than most with desks for check-in instead of counters, which gives you a more intimate and personal feeling.
The Hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating to our needs.
The Casino and attached Outlets kept us busy, as did other area attractions and the included continental breakfast was more than enough to start our day.
It is a good value and we will re-visit again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 100west
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem - We appreciate your positive feedback! We value your opinion and patronage to our Resort and we would love to host you again soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Can't really put my finger on it, but there was just something 'off' about my stay here. The lobby is very unimpressive and the hotel lives up to it. Check in is a bit unusual: there are two desks and no counter. Wasn't sure where to go until a gentleman asked if he could help. Very nice, polite, and informative. No complaints there.

The elevator area is in a basic hallway, very unimpressive as well. Upon arrival on my floor, it was like running a football training exercise where I had to bob and weave my way down the hallway since the cleaning crew had bales of towels and linens outside almost every room. It was unprofessional and not a good impression of the hotel. The room was quite large and the bed comfortable. There was just 'something missing'. My buddy said the same thing about his room when we were chatting at the bar later that evening. If you didn't know better, you would say you were at a Super 8 or equal....the decor was plain and basic. Don't get me wrong.....it was clean and comfortable, just NOT what I expect when going to a resort to gamble and relax with friends (comparing it to the Borgata in AC which does make you feel comfortable and staying in a more luxurious room).

The casino was basic, horrible drinks at the table (was informed by the server that the vodka could not be pronounced and would guarantee a hangover if consumed), and not laid out too well either. Mismatch of tables and slots.

Over all, it was an average hotel, with an average casino. Not sure I would venture back. Prefer the quality in AC's hotels/casinos.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better, unless you like to look at skylights and A/C units.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

On behalf of Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. It is very helpful to us as we are always trying to create the best possible atmosphere and experience for all of our guests.

I'm very sorry to hear that your stay at the Hotel and Casino did not meet your expectations and I will forward your comments to hotel management. In the meantime, we invite you to reach out to us directly at guestservices@pasands.com with any other comments or suggestions you may have. Again, thank you for your suggestions for improvement.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here after a wedding which was held nearby along with many other friends. It was my first time at the Sands - both the casino and the hotel. We checked in late (I had called the day before to notify the hotel) after the wedding reception. The staff members were friendly and courteous. Our room - was clean, comfortable and spacious. Everything appeared relatively new. The bathroom area was nice as well - only slight complaint is similar to another review in that the water pressure wasn't very strong in the shower. I also appreciated the fact that they are trying to be as green as possible with certain lighting and the heating/cooling system being controlled by a room key. I had never seen that before and found it to be pretty interesting.

We spent time in the casino with friends at the big center bar. The casino was crowded as it was a Friday night, but seats eventually opened up. We also played at the tables for a few hours and left winning quite a bit of money. Overall, we thought the casino was pretty nice. Table games are relatively new to PA, so I thought it was all done really well. We travel to Vegas regularly and have been to AC too, and I think the Sands, for its location and purpose, is a very nice casino. The added hotel, shops, bars and restaurants make it a nice play to go out even if you're not going to gamble. We will likely go back again when visiting PA.

The hotel also offers a continental breakfast which we enjoyed before leaving.

One note re: parking - there is a large parking garage that is convenient for the casino, but not the hotel. If you are going to the hotel first, it makes sense to drive all the way around the complex to the hotel entrance where there is another large parking lot for guests.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Explorers377

Thank you for reviewing Sands Casino Resort Hotel - We value your positive feedback! We are always working to provide our guests with the best experience possible and your comments will help us reach that goal. Again, thank you for your patronage and feedback, and we invite you to visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was traveling in the area for business and spent 1 night at the Sands.

$7 for valet parking was a steal with unlimited in/out privileges. The valet, Gary, was very personable and welcoming.

Check-in is a bit challenging. There was a line and the elderly people standing in line were getting very frustrated. It really didn't take long. I did see that there was an online check-in option, but I really wanted to check-in with a real live person.

My room was on the 8th floor. You do need to insert your room key into a slot in the elevator in order to reach your room. What a great safety feature. You also need to insert your room key near your door in order to access the heat/electricity in your room.

The hotel is relatively new and the room is large, clean, fresh-smelling, and well appointed. The bed was AMAZINGLY comfortable and filled with the greatest pillows. I had the best night sleep even though I was away from home.

There is only a shower and not a bathtub which I would have liked, but again, everything is very new. Lots of towels and complimentary toiletries. My only complaint would be the water pressure in the shower. I wish the pressure would have been higher.

Great HDTV with lots of channels to choose from.

There was zero hallway noise or noise from other rooms. I was amazed at how quiet it was.

There is an outlet mall and many of dining options onsite so there is no need to go outside in the cold if you don't want to.

I did have a fabulous dinner at Emeril's Italian Table which has its own review. DELICIOUS!

Check out was fast and easy. I didn't have time to enjoy the free breakfast. The valet retrieved my car quickly and I was on with my day.

I will stay again if I'm in the area as the rate was very reasonable.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the roof of the outlet mall, however, it did overlook the hills in the distance w...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem! We appreciate your valuable feedback and positive review of our property. Your comments are always welcome as they help us gauge how we are doing. Again, we thank you for your patronage and we invite you to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I took my girlfriend to the sands casino in pa I call the 800 # and made a reservation over the phone gave them my credit card to hold the room and my email address the rep told me that he will email me my confirmation # don't do it get it while your on the phone with them when I went to check in they could not find my reservation so I pay for the room and I ask to please make sure that my card won't be charge twice the told me it won't be two days later I get my statement and I was charge twice it took me I week and four different hotel reps before anyone gave me any answers.took about two weeks to get my money back . The hotel rooms are ok but not somewhere I would go back to very average looking place

• Stayed: September 2012

On behalf of Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, I apologize for the difficulties you had while making a reservation at our hotel. It is our goal to provide every guest with excellent customer service and we will make sure the hotel management receives this review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at the Sands Hotel and invite you to contact us directly at guestservices@pasands.com with any other suggestions or comments you may have. Again we apologize for the sub-par service you received at the Sands Hotel and we appreciate your patronage!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am usually pretty easy to please but some things here rubbed me the wrong way. The girl at check-in had an attitude - I politely asked for an upper floor if possible (it was also on my original reservation) she stuck us on the 5th floor which looked out at the roof of hte outlet center with air handler equipment right outside our window. She did not even address the request by a response of any kind. I felt like it was done on purpose because I requested a higher room. Regardless though, the room was very nice and very clean. The amentities are nice. The beds are to die for! I can't remember the last time I slept so well. I really like the security feature of needing your room key to access floors via the elevator. It made me feel safer. What did not make me feel secure was when we were getting ready to leave and a couple came into the room USING ROOM KEYS that had just been issued to them! Thank God we were in the room because if not, our property could have been in jeopardy. I told the gentleman at check-out what had happened, he apologized but did not seen too concerned. The continental breakfast had much to be desired. Do not expect much from that! The restaurants however were absolutely excellent and the restaurant personnel were wonderful. There are a wide variety of restaurants and even a food court that would fit any budget. In fact, I was surprised at the reasonable prices. AND, a really neat benefit was the comp dollars on your Sands players card that you could use at the restaurants. The casino was fun. Most of the table attendants (ie: craps, roulette, etc.) seemed bored with thier jobs and not very friendly. We found the cashiers to be the same. The casino itself was always kept clean and the drink people were usually around quite a bit. I was attending a conference at the hotel; I found the conference room clean, until a tray of glasses broke and even by the next day no one had cleaned up all of the glass. The conference breakfast was set up about 45 min late on the second day and it too had much to be desired as did lunch, however that might have been the choice of the organization that set up the conference itself and not the hotels fault. There is an outlet center within the resort that was a very nice feature. The equipment in the exercise room is not very good but there is a nice indoor pool. It is not somewhere that I am looking forward to going back to anytime soon, however it was not a terrible experience either.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

On behalf of Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem, I apologize for the sub-par service you received at our Hotel, Casino, and Conference Center. We strive to make every guest experience as perfect as possible and we appreciate your suggestions for improvement. I will forward your comments to hotel management as they will appreciate your review.

Again, I apologize for your experience at the Sands and I invite you to contact us directly at guestservices@pasands.com.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was our second stay at the Sands in Bethlehem and we plan on going back again. The hotel looks just as nice as on our first visit when it had just opened. Beautiful, large rooms that are nicely decorated and very clean. As with a previous reviewer, the beds are so very comfortable. If you are a Veteran, bring your VA ID card and ask for the discount. Enjoy the gaming and also tour the lovely town of Bethlehem on the other side of the Lehigh River.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank June M

We'd like to take a minute to thank you for your positive reviews and your continued patronage! We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and we invite you stay with us again soon!