“Very nice stay...”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
New York City, New York
“Very nice stay...”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our room was very clean and nice. This hotel is taking people's complaints seriously and adding convenient ammenities such as hair dryer, more towels, extra hotel key for the lights, a/c. The industrial design is actually pleasant. The pool could have been bigger. There were many options for food. We ate at the Emerils Chophouse...which was quite expensive yet tasty but it was like the spirit of Emiril came out of the kitchen and yelled BAM, you're going to pay a lot for this meal, BAM you have indigestion and heartburn from my buttery and greasy food, BAM the general store is closed and no TUMS for you, BAM this is going to put a damper on your evening, but otherwise...it was very nice and the casino kept you playing...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem with us and future travelers on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your kind words and we hope you enjoy staying with us as much as we enjoy hosting you. We invite you to stay with us again soon and we look forward to your return.

Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Vermont
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We went here to see Squeeze, who, in case you are interested were phenomenal despite the poor acoustics of the venue.
The hotel rooms are lovely, clean and large. The bathroom had a lovely walk in shower and big fluffy white towels and unusually, 3 large towels so I had one to wrap around my wet hair. Hairdrier, iron and ironing board also in the room. The staff are wonderful, so helpful, happy and obviously content in their jobs. The breakfast was great - loads of fresh fruit - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, 3 kinds of melon and pineapple! Plenty of pastries, bagels, muffins,cereals and juices. The pool was just OK, only 4"6" deep and although the workout room was small and not cool enough, the equipment was good. We would DEFINTIELY go back here again - in a heartbeat! Just wish that they took dogs............Casino? What casino? You don't even have to see it if you don't want to!

Room Tip: Quite frankly, I don't think there is a bad room but as is always my tip is choose a room that i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem for your visit to Bethlehem, PA. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and I am also thrilled that you were provided unmatched guest service as we strive to ensure each guest has a positive and happy experience here. We invite you to stay with us again soon as we love having you as a guest!

Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We live approximately 20 minutes from the Sands Casino in Bethlehem. I'm not sure how they determine who receives free play, but we have been receiving some for the past few months, so we figure, why not go up once a week and play on their money? Wednesday is Mystery Money day and you receive extra money on top of your free play. We usually get an extra $5, but I have a friend who actually got $180. There is a nice variety of machines to play and plenty of penny slots. Some have a minimum of 30, 40, 50 or even 60 cents, but there are more than enough machines to use even if you want to bet a penny at a time. I don't play table games, but they are available for those who do, and they always seem pretty crowded. Besides the gambling aspect of the casino, they have bands that play on the weekends and they usually draw a crowd. There is a nice cafe, a food court with numerous different types of food, and a buffet. Besides that, there are more expensive restaurants, including Emeril's Italian Table, Emeril's Chop House, an Irish Pub, and a Deli. Drinks are pretty expensive when purchased at the bars, but if you are playing a machine they are complimentary. Tipping is appreciated, of course :-) I can't say anything about the hotel or the concert area, although I have heard good things about both...however, I haven't used either myself. After playing a while a few nights ago and deciding I wasn't willing to lose any more money, I decided to take a walk through the Shoppes at Sands. I have to admit...I was impressed with what I found. While I am not into expensive purses from NYC, I overheard several people saying the prices hear were a bargain at the Coach FaCtory. I checked out Nine West Outlet, Talbots Outlet and Izod, among several other stores, and found the prices to be pretty reasonable and some great discounts being offered. As far as actually winning money at the casino, it's just like any other. I've had times where I came out ahead, but not by much, and then those times when I made a deposit there ;-) As long as you only lose what you can afford, it can be a fun experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LooneyIAm
SandsGuestServicesPA, Public Relations Manager at Sands Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your overall positive feedback of the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem! We appreciate your reviews as we are always looking to improve our service to our customers. I am pleased that you chose to stay with us on your visit to Bethlehem, PA and I anticipate your return! We at Sands Bethlehem are looking forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations yet again.

New Jersey
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stopped off in Bethlehem after dropping the kids off for camp. After a nice lunch and walk around the historic downtown, we checked into the Sands Hotel. Due to poor or lack of signage, we wound up parking in the casino lot and not the hotel lot. So we had to walk all the way through the casino to the complete opposite side of the building.

But once we got there, check in was quick and easy. Our room on the 15th floor was clean a spacious. It looked like there was room for a small couch or second chair. The lack of it made the room look like there was something missing. A couple of minor cosmetic flaws in the room (chipped table, paint touch ups that didn't exactly match) didn't detract from our stay. But it's probably something they should keep an eye on.

The casino itself was much larger than I expected. And the fact that they had separate smoking and non-smoking areas was great. Most of the blackjack dealers were very friendly. Our Wheel of Fortune machines didn't pay off, but a woman next to us won thousands. So it just wasn't our day.

We had dinner at Emeril's burger place. It was restaurant week, so we got an app, burger and desert for just $20. Very good food. Friendly service.

The shopping mall is not fully occupied yet. The Peeps store was a fun place to pick up some stuff for the kids. (And some candy for the drive home.) I only really looked at the Izod store. 50% sales and still more than I wanted to pay.

The free continental breakfast was not great. But good enough if you wanted some food in your belly without paying anything extra.

All in all, we had a great time. Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you staying with us at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem and for providing us your positive reviews! Your kind words and feedback will be forwarded to the staff that made your stay a positive and happy experience. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed at the Sands Casino resort to attend a family wedding & decided to make a weekend out of it. Hotel is very nice & clean, they definitely pay attention to details. Staff are professional & courteous. Only a very few amenities that need to be added to improve the experience. There is no where to place your belongings/clothing in the bathroom, would be great if there were a small table or shelving unit. There is certainly enough space for it. Also it was a good thing we brought our own hair dryer because none is supplied. For the cost you pay you would think these little details would be taken care of. Attended a concert there as well which was great. Convenience of being right at the venue was nice. There are restaurants & a food court as well as shopping all attached to the hotel. Food prices are a little high but good quality. Free continental breakfast in the AM which helps. Stores are limited but more are supposed to be opening. Spent very little time in the actual casino but the tables were crowded. Close proximity to Dorney. Would stay again now that I've been there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CLB00000
Thank you for choosing to stay at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem for your visit to Bethlehem, PA. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. I am also thrilled that you were provided unmatched guest service by our team as we constantly strive to make each and every guest's experience perfect.

I would like to apologize that you were not made aware of the hairdryer provided in your room. I will forward this message to Hotel Management so they know to inform our guests of all of the amenities provided in each room.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again in the future!

By the sea
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed at the Sands in mid-June 2012. We previously stayed at the Sands July 2011.

Both times, we have been very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel. I have seen my share of "not too clean hotels" and everything in this room was spotless and dust free. Cannot say that for a lot of places. The rooms are nicely appointed and energy efficient, which is good.

The only issue we had with this most recent trip was that the room we were given only had one set of towels and there were clearly two of us booked on the reservation. No big deal, right? I called housekeeping as soon as we checked in and I was assured that towels would be placed in the room. Three hours later, I came back to the room, no towels! Called housekeeping a second time. Talked to the same individual again (I cannot recall his name). He was very pleasant, apologized and said towels would be delivered. 10 minutes later, the towels were delivered. If I had only called one time to get towels, I would have rated this hotel a 5 Star rating.

The hotel offers a free continental breakfast with a nice selection of items. The staff in the breakfast room kept everything filled and clean.

The casino itself is nice. No complaints about staff. Everyone was pleasant. It was a nice little get-a-way.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor - We especially want to thank you for commenting about the cleanliness that meant so much to you during you trip and sharing that feedback with future travelers. I will forward this message to Hotel Management so they are made aware of the housekeeping issues and can work to correct the problem. Again, thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to your return in the near future!

Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Nice rooms and very convenient. Plenty of space with a fridge and sink outside the bathroom. Only drawback was that you needed the room key for the elevators and to control lights and AC in the room. Would go back again. Great if you are seeing a concert there!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team as they truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you. On a side note, I would like to mention that we ask guests to use their keycards in the elevators and A/C units for safety and electricity conservation (in an effort to "go green"). Again, we love hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return!