“Drinks and Appetizers”

Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Drinks and Appetizers”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The Bookstore is a great place to celebrate a special occasion. The drinks menu is excellent -- my favorite include the deacon blues and brown derby - and there's something to tempt most palates. Their small plates and appetizers are excellent, particularly the chick peas, sweet potato chips, and brushetta. I was underwhelmed by the pulled pork but my date's burger was excellent. The music heightens the experience but makes it more difficult to converse. Highly recommend, particular for drinks and appetizers.

• Visited July 2014

Lehigh Valley, PA
“Anniverary Dinner”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The restaurant had a great 1920's atmosphere, friendly servers and great food/drinks. We would recommend the homemade pickles and stuffed mushrooms for appetizers.

Visited July 2014
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
“Great food, slightly overpriced”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Went there just 2 weeks back. The atmosphere is neat and the place as a whole is different. The drink menu was quite lengthy, with a variety of drinks. Food menu, slightly smaller. The only issue I had was my entree was the same amount as just ONE of my drinks. At $12 a drink, I wouldn't get more than one or two, plus they aren't the largest beverages in the world. The food on the other hand was tremendous. Good portions, great taste. Would go back, but not as a regular hangout

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Very unique”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Have gone here a couple of times. Great spot for a special occasion. A little too pricey for an everyday hang out. Meals were delicious. Mixed drinks are very unique. Has those hard to find beers you can't get anywhere else, but you will pay for them. (I had two porters, cost = $18.) Live music is great, but can be on the loud side when the saxophone or trumpet are playing. The restaurant does a great job in creating a speakeasy feel. Something different that is well worth the visit.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Great food, discounts before 7”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My friend loves The Bookstore, wanted me to experience it with her. We arrived around 5:30 and were able to take advantage of the $2 off each drink, entree and dessert. We shared the bruschetta appetizer...one of the best I have ever had in a restaurant!! My steak was perfectly cooked to my order. The vegetable medley was wonderful. We ended the evening with each having one of the two desserts on the menu...I had the chocolate cheese cake and my friend had the creme brulee. Both were outstanding. I wasn't too fond of my drink...I had the apricot bellini which was okay but I would not get it again. I had difficulty choosing a drink as most had grapefruit juice as a mixer and I don't like grapefruit. One suggestion...bring a flashlight so you can read the menu!! We also had to share a menu as they were in the process of updating their menus and only had one available. That seemed odd to me....one menu for the entire restaurant? Good thing it wasn't crowded!!