“It's just not the same....”
Review of Carnegie Deli

Carnegie Deli
Ranked #116 of 358 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Carnegie Deli captures the feeling and atmosphere of its famous New York location. Experience the warmth of friendliness, with an array of delicious New York favorites. Swing by and enjoy the perfect sandwich with quality prime cuts of meat, condiments and fresh breads.
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The food was not up to what the Carnegie Deli in Manhattan is known for. The food was average. Prices were high for what you got. The milkshakes are SMALL! The cheesecake was actually dry.... They are making it there by the name, but you will be disappointed if you are expecting it to be like the one in NYC.

1  Thank MoNaLisa1222

Reviewed January 17, 2012

One matzo ball and veggies w chuncks of chewy chicken in the broth! Oey Vey! This is not the same matzo ball soup as the 7th Ave location in Manhattan, although they'll tell you it is! However, the beer was cold, the server was nice and prompt, and the cheesecake was YUM! The place didn't have the same atmosphere as 7th Ave either, but that would be near impossible to duplicate!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

The food is not the same especially if you have visited the other stores.
It was awful.
The service was good.

1  Thank Travelbear007
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Food was average, portions large enough for two but there is a "sharing fee". Since it is right off the casino floor it's loud. Service was rather slow eventhough it wasn't crowded. We did not have dessert but thet looked fabulous!

Reviewed August 3, 2011

The decor is that of a NY style deli. We had the early bird special that was comped. A three course meal. Our waitress needed to be better trained, because it seemed to me that this might have been her first time waiting on tables, and she was not young. Good common sense is just needed. A plate with three pickles and two glasses of water was brought to our table. She dropped one of the straws on the floor and picked it up and gave it to us!! YUKK!! She had a whole pocket of them. Can I have a clean one please?? Pay attention to detail.
My husband ordered the matzoh ball soup and I ordered the potato pancake. We split each one. The potato pancake was overcooked and tasteless. It needed some grated onion in it for some flavor. Perhaps a little salt. It just tasted like thick potato paste fried till it was burnt. Not like moms.Cook with a little love here people. Served on the side was applesauce with a dollop of sour cream on top. I would have preferred it served separate not together. The broth of the soup was good. The matzoh ball was about the size of a small orange. It was heavy and tasteless. It should be light and have some taste to it. They need Bubbes recipes.
For entertainment, two tables away, a woman proceeded to use her butter knife under her shirt to scratch her back! Act two: When her meal was served she used the same knife to cut her food!!
Our main course consisted of two corned beef sandwiches on rye . It also came with french fries. I asked our waitress if they have pickled tomatoes and she said she'll find out. When she returned she said the pickles only come the two ways. Huh?? She returned to ask if everything was o:k and I asked for some hot fries. Ours were cold. She returned with a plate of fries that were warm. The restaurant was not busy . Fries cooked as they are ordered would be nice. This isn't Mc Donalds . The corned beef tasted like a grocery store deli meat. Upon examination of the corned beef it looked like it too. It didn't have the corned beef grain of the meat. It looked like it had a sheen to it and fat throughout . It did not look like corned beef that you cook at home and slice and it didn't taste like it either.
For dessert we each had the cheesecake. I've had better. It had the consistency of a thick sour cream. Maybe because it was served at room temperature? Chilled might have firmed it up a bit. I prefer my cheesecake a little denser.
The meal was comped. I wouldn't eat here again if I had to pay.These are basic foods at a deli restaurant and should be the outstanding signature dish. If we ever eat here again call us MESHUGEH!!! ( crazy)

12  Thank JerseyShoreGal57