“Horrible do not stay here !” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of WoodSpring Suites Allentown Bethlehem

and 1 more site!
WoodSpring Suites Allentown Bethlehem
Ranked #2 of 5 Bethlehem B&B and Inns
“Horrible do not stay here !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stood there in march and head manager was so unprofessional and she would make anything up to evict you and keep your deposit ! Worst place you can stay at I mean if your a manager you should like working with people if you hate your job why do it ?! Head manager mayra has no respect she treats you like your an animal and she makes up her own rules ! Someone needs to do something ASAP about her before the place loses all there customers just because of the staff and there service and good luck with you getting your deposited back especially if she tries to evict you ! They would go in your room while your not there like if your not paying for your stay I was suppost to stay there for a month and only lasted a week ! She needs to get fired ASAP!

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Sashnunez24
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Allentown Bethlehem, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We thank you for your feedback and will proceed with due diligence. We pride ourselves on providing a clean and safe experience for all our guests and treating them all with respect.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stay a few days in this place and i has the worst unprofessional and rude people working there(manager).she think she is the one paying for the room or is free.she laies and make things up to get u evicted.treat people as a animal.worst hotel stay in my life!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Astrid197
We apologize that you feel you were mistreated while staying with us. We take great pride in providing a clean and safe experience for all our guests. We appreciate the feedback you have given and we will do our best to provide a wonderful experience for all future guests.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Value Place is not a value! This property in Bethlehem PA is horrible. VP. Myra said on the phone to come over to see the room. My wife and I drove over and we had the Craigslist add that said $799.00 and we had a $50.00 coupon. Myra said the room was for one person. Nowhere on the add did say how people can be in a room or did she mention when we called. She said room would cost us $956.00 which did include the Internet .
We will be filing a complaint with the attorney generals office and BBB and reporting them to Craigslist for false advertising .

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Jimkriegs
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Allentown Bethlehem, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We would like to apologize for not honoring the rate listed on CraigsList. We have contacted this guest and offered to honor the rate plus the discount for two people. Value Place strives to offer a better, more consistent guest experience and we clearly failed in our chance to do that for you. Please accept our apologies.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We called prior to going in and making a reservation about the clearly worded special on Craigslist which said 199.00 per week and 50.00 off the first week which would be perfect since we needed a place for a month . When we got there she told us the price was $956.00 after the $50.00 off because that price on Craigslist is for one person.
We got a real lesson in trying to reason with an idiot with no customer service skills. We explained she neglected to mention that on the phone when we called and said there would be two of us, and we are married and only need one bed not two...
We also toured the hotel earlier that month and Abe told us the rate was the rate we saw on Craigslist was available as long as they had rooms left at the special price which they did at the time. We were just unsure of our plans at the time and couldn't commit ..Because there are only limited rooms at that price we called in advance and Myrna said there were rooms still left at that price, so we went in to reserve one. I would have more luck explaining this to a pre-schooler.. In he condecending tone she kept saying good-bye, good-bye ....
I called the corporate office about her rude behavior and her unwillingness to honor the Craigslist price that she said was available still when we called 10 minutes before ..Bate and switch seems to happen a lot as well as false advertising. Read the other reviews and see for yourself... Myra needs to be sent back to customer service school. I'm sure people who like the public would love to do her job... She obviously doesn't and it shows.

Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Freespiriredgirl40
We would like to apologize for the treatment you received. We really messed up and would like to honor the rate on CraigsList for 2 people as well as the $50 discount, if you'll give us another chance. This is our fault and we're sorry.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Value Place is not a value! This property in Bethlehem PA is horrible. VP attracts people who are trying to save as much money as they can, but in reality they end up paying more than they might at another, better hotel.

It is a “cafeteria hotel.” Everything costs extra. Everything. Their prices for the “extras” are quite high. And what they consider “amenities” includes TOILET PAPER! I am not making this up. Check out their website:

Bathroom Amenities
First roll of bathroom tissue
Shower curtain
Towels,washcloths,bathmat

Anyplace that actually advertises the “First roll of bathroom tissue” as an amenity is guaranteed to be outrageous. There are washers and dryers available, but each load, wash or dry, costs $2. The largest bed available is a full-size. All beds are platform - a mattress atop a plywood board.

You supposedly get the “convenience of a hotel and all the essentials of an apartment.” NOT SO. A hotel is staffed 24/7; VP has office hours. Staff are supposed to be on-call after hours. Not here. Before I fled, I was locked out of my room for the night, because my keycard got demagnetized and no one answered the on-call phone. I even called the police, who could not help.

Value Place says it offers a “truly affordable, incredibly clean, safer, simple, flexible experience.”

Affordable - NO.
Clean - not “squeaky” as advertised.

Safer ( Than what? sleeping in your car on the side of the road? )

NO, NO, NO. This hotel is located in an industrial park. There is nothing else around. The place itself has just adequate lighting, but once you leave the parking area, it’s dark and scary. Because there is no staffing after hours, it’s even scarier.

Flexible - for VP maybe.

Value Place markets to people who need to save money, but charges them for the most basic necessities. It advertises things it fails to deliver. It is no value. And it is definitely “Not Your Typical Extended Stay Hotel.” It is a rip-off.

Room Tip: No room is a good room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Kathleen H
Milwaukee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

The review title says it all. I didn't mind the Spartan conditions too much, but I was alone and didn't hang in the room much for the week I stayed. Might have felt different if traveling with my girlfriend. Stayed on the smoking floor at my own request, and just about choked upon exiting the elevator the first time. Can't fault the inn.... at least they make a smoking floor available. But if you're a light smoker like myself, you may want to consider the non-smoking room and step outside when you need a cig.
I didn't cook, so lack of utensils meant nothing to me. I used the full-sized refrigerator, sink and microwave and they all were in good order. The four-burner stove/oven appeared sufficient for family cooking requirements if so needed.
Bed linens and towels are definitely cut-rate. Best to bring your own I think, as well as your own towels. You'd feel better using your own stuff.
TV was adequate, but the channeling was incomprehensible. I suppose if I'd bothered to try I'd have figured it out, but didn't overly concern myself with it.
Staff was helpful when needed. Promptly addressed a problem with my wireless internet connection ($10 extra for the week), and got out of bed very late one night when my keycard failed to function. On that topic, however, one complaint: The north door didn't unlock with the keycard, and the east door only seemed to accept the card (the light would go green), but the door handle wouldn't function. That was inconvenient when returning at night.
The inn is a decent deal I think, for travelers who can get by without customary amenities and who can benefit from the kitchenette. But I definitely suggest bringing your own linens and towels, and a few kitchen items if you plan on eating in.

Room Tip: Go non-smoking, even if you smoke. The smoking floor is pretty rank. Bring your own coffee maker...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank MkeCpl
usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

I came here because the preferred extended stay hotel in town was booked. Looks cheaper, but they'll hammer you with fees. The kitchen is the most marginal you could imagine (no utensils whatsoever, there's 36$). You can't open the windows past two inches or they'll fine you 15$. If you do not fill out your opinions questionaires upon checkout, that's another 45$ fine. REALLY? I haven't left yet and I can hardly wait to express my opinions. Clods of ppl smoking at each exit ALL night (I smoke, but it looks shady, ESP when staff do as well). Dead slow elevator. Zillions of rules, walls shake as every door slams, beds with crummy linens, no iron, faucets reversed, and a very rude lady at front desk will make u feel as welcome as a wart. Any time I've requested my mail, she's rude and turns her back to you before finishing speaking. Oh, and as for mail, if u depart and something arrives next day, they just get rid of it. Wow! How convenient. The office hours are too short. The laundry requires a special card that you must charge at the office. The machines will stiff you. Even the vending machines have snacks in them that are unrecognizable (raspberry jelly cookies). The rooms have unadjustable glaring lighting. Oh and here's the kicker: if u stay over a week they change your key cards weekly. Awesome if u work 11-7 and are thrilled to be locked out. Also expect weekly inspections to be done whether you like it or not. They'll take all day and waste your time for hours. Catholic boarding school was waaaay better.

• Stayed October 2011
5 Thank snowboaders
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethlehem
The View Inn & Suites
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
#1 of 14 in Bethlehem
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport

Been to WoodSpring Suites Allentown Bethlehem? Share your experiences!