“Fantastic Thai Lunch in Downtown Bethlehem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Thai II

Thai Thai II
Ranked #26 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Some other review sites list the location in Easton, PA. This is incorrect... it is located in Bethlehem, PA
Hamilton, NY
“Fantastic Thai Lunch in Downtown Bethlehem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

We'd read some of the TA reviews and my wife needed a last-minute Christmas present for her parents, so we swung by Thai Thai II to grab a gift certificate. I waited in the car while she went in. When my wife came back to the car she said, "It smelled SO good in there. We have to try it some time."

A few days later we got our chance-- we had a few hours free around lunch time so we drove down and had a meal at Thai Thai II.

The menu is pretty straightforward: All lunch meals are $9.99 and include a cup of soup. There are 24 entrees and each is available with chicken, steak or pork.

Service was extremely quick and the food was really fantastic. I had something called Drunken Noodles with chicken. It was spiced "medium" and it was just right-- very flavorful without being overwhelmingly hot. My wife had some other dish-- #24, I remember-- with beef, asian noodles, cashews, and raisins. She loved it. Its flavoring was a lot more delicate than my dish but both were completely delicious.

All in all it was a great meal at a great price for lunch. I'd definitely return.

masterchefjohn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time for Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2010

My wife and I recently joined my brother and his wife at the Thai Thai II for dinner. I had some misgivings about the place. Not much of an entrance off the main street. But what a surprise upon entering. Beautiful setting, soothing music and placesettings were top notch. We had a variety of food and all started with the dumplings. If nothing more, you must go here for the dumplings. You will be asked how hot do you want your food on a scale from one to five. I suggest on your first visit do not go past two as these people can really get hot. The food is definately spicy, but delicious. Service was prompt with our waiter hovering nearby for our every need.

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Perfect for our anniversary dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

My husband and I were debating which 'amazing' LV restaurant we could drop a hundred bucks on for our 10th anniversary dinner. Several places stood out and were recommended, but then we started feeling guilty about spending so much on one meal when we have 2 kids back at home who could use some of that $$ for other things. $35/steak with no sides is kind of crazy when you step back and think about it.

We'd heard that Thai Thai II was opening a new location in Emmaus (our home town), but had never tried their first place in Bethlehem. We went on a Thursday night at 6 without reservations and were seated immediately. The waiter was super friendly and got our drinks right away.

I have a sensitive stomach, so I asked him what would be good and he was SOOO helpful about telling me what had garlic, onion, etc. He helped me pick out a delicious chicken and veggie dish as well as the Little Mermaid appetizer. I added the sweet coconut rice as a special side. YUM!!!

My husband got the drunken noodles with pork and the chicken satay. EVERYTHING was amazing! And each dish was just $12.99!! My Thai Iced Tea topped things off and we left with full bellies (no sick belly!) for just $48. That's a great anniversary treat! We can't WAIT for Thai Thai House to open in Emmaus!!!! We'll definitely be regulars! And we can't wait to take our friends!

Avon, Colorado
“Delicious, fast-paced thai food in a nice setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2010

I went in for dinner expecting more of a casual experience, the long dinning room was set with white tablecloths and candles, not what I had expected, but very nice all the same. The back room definatly seemed nicer then the front. I think the menu prices also reflect the added abiance and nice china.

I really enjoyed all the food. We shared thai dumplings, which were very good, but for the price I don't think I'd get them again (4 for $8), we also shared the mussel appetizer with lemongrass, kaffir, and a great dipping sauce. Very different and very good (and a better value at $9) For my main course I had a whole fried red snapper with red curry and vegetables ($23)..it was spectacular! So well balanced, super fresh tasting, my mouth is watering just thinking about it again. My mom had their panang chicken curry, and that also was great. These guys definatly know what they're doing, and the portion sizes were large. The waiters were all very nice, though they seemed a little frenzied at times, maybe the usual clientele likes to get in, eat, and get out more quickly then I do.

All in all, I really loved it and would definatly go back. There was alot of variety on the menu which I'd really like to explore further. It was more expensive then most other thai places I've been to but everything we had was done really well. They have a lunch special tues-fri for $10 that I think would be worth checking out too when a full dinner just wouldn't be in the budget.

Easton, Pennsylvania
“Great Thai on Main Street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

I dined at this restaurant last Friday night and really enjoyed it. I had the Veggie Pad Thai and it was very good. And (the mark of truly great Pad Thai) was even better heated up for breakfast the next morning.

The service was excellent. This is a BYOB place and there is a $5 corking fee. Oddly, they did not offer us anything to drink. I was planning to have water anyway, but I didn't see soda on any of the tables so I'm thinking maybe they don't serve soft drinks?

Also, word has clearly gotten out about this place. If you are going on a Friday or Saturday night, make a reservation. The restaurant is in a converted row house and, although they did a beautiful job on the renovation, it is small and narrow and there is no waiting area whatsoever. The first table is literally 10 ft from the front door. We were fortunate to be seated in the back room, which naturally has a lot less traffic than the front rooms. If you have a choice, this is where I'd ask to be seated.

Enjoy!