“Drink with the famous”

Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem
Reserve with OpenTable
Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 347 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market Street
Transit: Public transit hub is 4 blocks from restaurant.
Description: Casual yet elegant, the Tap Room offers the most sought after views of Historic Main Street and its Victorian charm. Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner, or lounge by the vintage mahogany bar. We also invite you to check out Jazz Night every Thursday, featuring live musical performances, and our award-winning Sunday brunch.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Drink with the famous”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Tap Room at the Hotel Bethlehem is best known for all the photographs of past famous patrons liming every wall but it is also nicely put together with an old school dark wood feel and excellent cocktails, beer selections and a great selection of wines by the glass. There is a wine for everyone but it also shares a wine list with the excellent 1741 on the terrace restaurant just a few feet away. I would recommend a pre-dinner drink here and then dinner at the 1741.

Visited October 2013
Sean L, Manager at Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hi again Australopithecus1952,

Thank you so much for writing separate reviews for the Hotel and both of our Restaurants. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. As you know we have had several Famous guests from Yo-Yo Ma to B.B. King. You will have to take another look at our Famous Guest photos in the Tap Room the next time you are here you never know when new faces may pop up. We have taken great care in creating our Cocktail, Beer, and Wine lists. Our wine list has just received the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for the fifth consecutive year.

Thank you again. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hellertown
“Bartenders & service”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The bartenders where very personable and the service was great.I heard some of the best Jazz on Thursday night,and met some very interesting people at the bar.A very enjoyable evening.Couples where sitting at tables and really seem to be enjoying themselves. I'll be going back every chance i get.

Hi Thomas C,

Thank you for taking the time write your review. The staff in the Tap Room takes great pride in making sure that everyone has a great experience. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself. We have Jazz every Thursday night in the Tap Room. I would highly recommend checking out all of our Former Famous guests that have stayed with displayed on the walls in the Tap Room. We have had several musicians from Yo-Yo Ma to Bob Dylan to B.B. King. Our dessert list just got a whole lot better. In addition to our delicious desserts created by our Pastry chef we are now offering ice cream from the Penn State Creamery. Some of the flavors are Peanut Butter Swirl, Butter Pecan and Bittersweet Mint just to name a few. We have sampled them all and they are delicious!

We hope to see you again soon…
Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Brunch”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

After fasting for over 12 hours, I was driving through Bethlehem looking for a diner where I could get ham and eggs. As I passed the Hotel, I noticed the tables outside were set. The weather was great and I quickly gave up on the diner idea.

My server was pleasant and efficient, the omelet and pot of coffee were perfect (at a reasonable price) and the view from the outdoor patio was outstanding.

The bonus came when I asked my server, Julie, about the history of the Hotel.She was an extremely knowledgeable "tour guide". What more could I ask for at the price of an excellent brunch?

• Visited September 2013
“Comfortable atmosphere, good food and friendly staff.”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I frequently dine at the Taproom. I've had breakfasts, lunches and dinners. I have never been disappointed in the quality of the food or the service. It is one of my favorite restaurants in the Lehigh Valley.

kentucky
“Tasty lunch”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The menu offerrings were not the normal hotel food. They had homemade soups, sandwiches and several meal sized salads. I had a trout burger and a bowl of homemade mushroom bisque. All winners at a reasonable price just steps away from my room.

Visited September 2013