“Really good food and service”

Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem
Reserve with OpenTable
Tap Room - Hotel Bethlehem is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 358 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market Street
Transit: Public transit hub is 4 blocks from restaurant.
Description: Casual yet elegant, the Tap Room offers the most sought after views of Historic Main Street and its Victorian charm. Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner, or lounge by the vintage mahogany bar. We also invite you to check out Jazz Night every Thursday, featuring live musical performances, and our award-winning Sunday brunch.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I came here around 11AM with my family and on a Thursday morning and we had apparently just missed breakfast. We were really looking forward to it and my father asked if the chef would still be willing to prepare off that menu and he very graciously agreed to. I ordered eggs benedict, my first time trying them, and they were delicious, not that I had anything to compare them to. My dad got the same thing and my mom just got a couple eggs with a side of bacon. Everything was really good and we were very pleased with the service. Even if we hadn't been able to have breakfast, I'm sure the meal would have been great. It's a little pricey though, but the location and scenery are great.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Tap Room at the Hotel Bethlehem in Bethlehem, PA is a great place to hang out, have breakfast, lunch, and a place to relax. Maris served us well and Gary is one the best bartenders in the land. Go there you'll love it.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We did not stay overnight here but we did go to Easter Brunch here in 2013 and it was the worst brunch I have ever encountered for the pricey price. We were one of the later seatings and there was hardly any food left. I think we were like 2:45 and it ended at 3 pm but still you should have enough food out until the end. First of all the waitress didn't speak English or very little. I asked for white wine with some ginger ale and she looked at me like I had 3 eyeballs. She brought me half a glass of wine with half a glass of flat ginger ale, I kid you not. The brunch plates were wet and I mean I had to ask for a towel. My husband opened the gravy vat and it was all congealed on the bottom. The food tables were dirty with utensils flung willy nilly,thank goodness they had omelets,it was about all there was left, there was hardly any choices,tiny potatoes that weren't even that good, no rice. It was just awful. They did end up giving us money off because our complaints were justified and they knew it. Maybe it's good other times but I wouldn't go for Christmas Day Brunch. I made a mistake, it was Xmas day,not Easter.

1  Thank 530,123
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great place to eat and have a relaxing drink. The staff are very helpful and tend to their clients very well.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stopped in to the Tap Room earlier than expected but the room wasn’t very crowded and we got a table by the window. I ordered a Cobb Salad with raspberry vinaigrette ($9.00) with grilled chicken ($5.00 more). I also ordered a cup of Lobster Bisque at $7.00 for a cup ($13.00 for a bowl) and a Diet Coke ($3.00). My wife ordered a Jumbo Lump Crab Cake sandwich with cole slaw & French fries ($17.00). She said the crab cake sandwich and cole slaw were good.

My lobster bisque came with a scum on the top as if it had sat around a little too long before being served. Taste was OK. The cobb salad was ordinary and the raspberry vinaigrette did not taste like any other raspberry vinaigrette I have ever had. It tasted sour and did not complement the salad at all.

Total bill came to $43.28 without tip. That was too much for what we received.

The waitress was below average with her knowledge of the menu and, although she made a neat appearance, her personality reminded me of a wet sponge when I tried to engage her in conversation. She wasn’t attentive to refills on my drink. At $3.00 I would have expected her to have at least asked if I wanted a refill when I needed it, not at the very end when she presented us with the bill.

We will not return to the Tap Room when we’re in Bethlehem. For value received, we will visit Apollo Grill instead.