“Roomy and convenient”

Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Service was great. I loved the Starbucks coffee and warm baked goods. The room was chic, roomy, clean, quiet, and comfortable. Parking for free in the garage across the street was great. The hotel is conveniently located right down the street from all my favorite restaurants in Bethlehem and very close to campus. Overall a very positive experience, and I will be returning often.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 23, 2010

Visting Lehigh University with my daughter, I selected this hotel for a one-night stay based on other's highly positive reviews. Hotel is "corporate hip", and designed to provide value and comfort. Room was large, immaculate, stylish and comfortable. Front desk staff was consistently upbeat and welcoming. Even one of the maintenance personnel stopped to help me with a printer problem in the lobby. Free continental breakfast is a minimal affair, but if you wanted something more interesting the downtown area is just around the corner. Free garage parking (validated) across the street, with access level to hotel. Surpassed my expectations, even for a Hyatt. Highly recommend !

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2010

My fiance and were in Bethlehem on a house-hunting trip, and we could not have picked a better place to stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and gave us individualized attention. The rooms and beds were terrific to come back to after stressful days of house hunting, and the location made it easy for us to walk around the downtown area and check out the nearby restaurants and shops. As experienced travelers, we could not have asked for a better hotel experience! I will highly recommend this hotel to friends and family who come visit the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2010

This hotel is obviously newer. It is kept very clean. The rooms are very spacious. We had a double room with 4 people and we did not feel cramped like we do at many hotels. The night manager and front desk personnel are exceptional. You will NOT find a more courteous or helpful staff. We asked many questions and never felt once that we were a bother. The only complaint I would hve is that the air conditioner is right next to one of the beds and it does get cold. We did find that it helped to put the fan on low. The temperature is controlled by a thermostat on the wall which is much better than some hotels that have controls on the air conditioner itself. You will not be disappointed in this hotel. It is a great deal.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We recently traveled to the Hyatt Place for an overnight Dorney Park Trip. The hotel and room was extremely clean and neat. The staff was polite and recommended some dining on Main Street which was walking distance, so we took the kids for a nice walk down town. I'm a freak when it comes to bathrooms at Hotels and I must say it was very clean as if no one had every used it before us. Even the pull out couch which my kids slept on was comfy. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2010

The entire staff was welcoming and attentive to any questions or concerns we had. The room was very nice with a sitting area, an actual couch without having to book a suite...How sweet!. You did not have to be on the bed all the time. There was plenty of room for our two girls to move around. The hotel is walking distance from many eateries. The free shuttle was ready and available when requested. We will definetly make a return visit! Thank You Hyatt Place Bethlehem!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We were here for Musikfest so whole town was packed. The hotel was sold out. But aside from the crush of people at breakfast, you wouldn't know it. I emailed hotel in advance asking for quiet room and king bed. The hotel manager called my cell and left a very nice message advising we would have quiet room on 6th flr. and gave advice about parking and getting into town because of Musikfest. We followed her advice and we checked in, parked and were in our room in no time.
We had stayed here back in April and the rooms were clean then as now. We went out one morning for breakfast downtown, but weren't gone more than an hour or so and we came back to our room around 10:30 and the housekeeping staff had already been there and cleaned the room !
We found all staff we encountered to be very pleasant, friendly and helpful. There seemed to be only one staff person on at around 11:30 pm, lobby was busy with post Musikfest revelers, and she did her best to take care of everyone despite some nasty attitudes of a few guests.
As others have said, the hotel is right downtown and in walking distance to all great shops on Main Street. There is a shuttle to the Casino across the river, but we didn't use it or go to the Casino. I read others on the 6th floor had issues with WiFi access, but ours was fine--maybe we were in a different section?
We stayed at a fancy hotel in NYC a few weeks earlier and I felt both the rooms and the service here were much, much better for less than half the price. We already booked here for the Celticfest in the Fall. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when in Bethlehem, we really enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple