“Great stay!”

Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love Hyatt Place properties. And this one is no exception. The hotel is literally 2 blocks from the main drag in Bethlehem and it's a safe, easy walk to food and shopping.
The town is quiet and really nice.
I usually love the free Hyatt Place breakfast, but Dortos right across the street was far too tempting and WOW, am I glad I ate there! Under $6 for an amazing breakfast at a true family diner.

I'll be back to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
JMcDonald5501, Manager at Hyatt Place Bethlehem, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Darto's is certianly a hidden gem, and we hope you were able to write a glowing review for them as well! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at our Hyatt Place hotel. Our breakfast is certainly great, but we also give credit where credit is due and Darto's was an excellent choice on your part! Our hotel is in a great location in downtown Bethlehem where there are restaurants and shopping everywhere. We are so glad you were able to experience the town and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Bethlehem

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Convenient complimentary parking across the street, nice sized room with 2 queen beds and a separate area with a large couch, desk, mini-fridge. It was almost a suite. (Even provided toothpaste with the amenities). A block from Main Street and many shops and restaurants. Even though it was downtown, it was quiet. Staff were very helpful and the breakfast was continental but they also had hot pancakes and eggs on an English muffin. They also had food for purchase for other times of the day.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Mary Ann for your kind review! We truly appreciate the feedback and are pleased that you are happy with our location in downtown Bethlehem! And you're right about our rooms- they are almost like mini suites! Every room here offers the same amenities and brings the comfort of home feel to your stay by providing a larger, more comfortable layout of a standard hotel room. We hope you return soon and enjoy Bethlehem and the Hyatt Place hotel again!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

upon arrival at about 9pm the reception was not manned. A person was there already waiting when I arrived and we waited easily another 10 minutes until a receptionist arrived!

By then we were 4 people waiting. After the first person was served I have been addressed with: What is your name buddy? And I was honestly thinking wt* is going on here? But it was late, I was tired and really not in the mood discussing with the guy about his way of addressing a person twice his age.

The room was nice, a little noisy because the main bus stop was on the other side of the street, but as said, I was tired....and hungry. So I went downstairs to get something to eat.
I decided I go for the natchos.So I walked to the reception, and suddenly 3 people were working there instead the zero when I arrived.... well that didnt help my experience because....

when I ordered the Nachos, I told the young lady (she wasnt really very friendly btw) that I would like to have the sour cream on the side. She countered me with, no problem, we are out of sour cream anyway....... which was a very interesting answer to my request. What she forgot to mention tough, was that they were also out of cheese.

So when I received the call about 15 minutes later that my food is ready, I carried a plate to my room that missed 2 mayor ingredients to my dish.

When I opened the package (the dish was folied over) and i realized there was no cheese on top I hoped I will find some when I dig deeper, but no such luck.

I was to tired and pissed at that point to complain. Breafast in the morning was decent, and the people at the breakfast service and reception were very very nice and helpful.

All in all a nice hotel, nice rooms all nice and clean, just service and food was sub standard.

Room Tip: book over certain pages where you can name your price, look for the best deal without bidding and yo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank manyroadsuntraveled

We sincerely apologize for the lack in service that you experienced in the evening at our hotel. There is no excuse for no cheese on your nachos, especially when you expect it and pay for it. We have shared this review individually with all of our Gallery Host's and have explained to them the importance of making sure they follow the exact recipe cards to ensure guest satisfaction. We completely understand the frustration you must have felt when you went to your room and you were expecting the cheese to be on your nachos and were left with none. It's a disappointing experience and can really change the feel of your entire hotel stay. Again we offer our sincerest apologies and have shared this review in hopes that this does not happen again.

Hyatt Place hotel Gallery Host employees (front desk employees) do not just work the front desk. They cook the 24/7 food, they bartend, they are Starbucks baristas and they are responsible for delivering items to rooms upon request. It can be an extremely challenging job, and if you are not a frequent Hyatt Place guest it can appear as if no one is at the Gallery Host Stand. I assure you they are multitasking as quickly as they can and try their hardest to make sure no guest's have to wait at the Gallery Host Stand for any amount of time. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter and hope that next time you visit the Hyatt Place Bethlehem there will be no wait, and lots of cheese for you!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Its good to have a new hotel in Bethlehem, the choice was a bit lacking before. The room was a good size, modern and well furnished but the a/c system was very loud, with the unit located right next to the bed. It felt a bit like sleeping on an a plane. Service was efficient and friendly and overall this hotel is good value for the price charged.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

We apologize for the noise that was being generated by your Heat and Air Conditioning unit. We have shared your review with our engineering department and they are actively checking every room in the hotel to make sure that does not happen again. Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and we're glad Bethlehem chose Hyatt Place for the area too!

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were spacious and very nice !! The pool was way way to small for hotel. It was like a very large Hot Tub. With 8 people in it no where to move . As for the breakfast the food was good with decent variety . As for how it was set up for a busy night at hotel was horrible . No room to move around at all no organization . Ran out of plates and cups and food. Then when the food came out . They brought out 3 at a time . Overall the hotel was nice with parking free . But if you looking for better breakfast and bigger pool then look somewhere like I will be next time I go to Dorney Park !

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your review! You'll be happy to know that Hyatt is now offering a high velocity breakfast option for busy nights, because our kitchen is not equipped to handle close to 200 breakfast sandwiches on a busy morning. What we offer now is scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes and waffles! It's delicious! If you come visit Dorney Park again and choose to stay in the Bethlehem area, give it a try and let us know what you think!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed overnight for college graduation. Check-in: perfect, employees: perfect, room: perfect, location; perfect.
Hotel is tucked away, free parking in garage across the street, can walk to stores and restaurants right there in town, and apparently there is a free shuttle service (don't know where it goes). Free breakfast, not bad. So impressed, who would have guessed. And fairly priced. Well done Hyatt!

PS - my husband stayed at the Hyatt Place in FT Lauderdale last week and said it was exactly the same!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

It sounds like you are going to be a frequent guest of Hyatt Place hotels from now on! That's fantastic! We love to hear about different experiences at other Hyatt Place hotels, and it's so refreshing to hear that your experience is the same at all Hyatt Place hotels! To say that your check-in, your room, the employees and the location was perfect is extremely heartwarming. We strive to exceed your expectations when it comes to all of those things and it's great to hear that we did! All of our employees thank you for your kind words and we hope that you will return again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

great location to main street shops and restaurants close to the casino and outlets
hotel had food and drinks all night, pool, free breakfast in morning, free parking garage tables to sit in lobby, also couches to enjoy. close to main attractions. all rooms handicap ready

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you Denise for your overview of our hotel and such positive feedback about your experience with us! We appreciate any guest who has the chance to fill out a Trip Advisor review and let other past, present and future guest's know all the the hotel has to offer during your stay. We do have a 24/7 Gallery Menu that can be prepared for your convenience at any time of the day! Just remember, we don't offer room service but you are more than welcome to call down your order from your hotel room and we will call you to let you know when it is ready to be picked up! Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!