“very clean, lots of slots but dull!!!”
Review of Sands Casino

Sands Casino
Ranked #2 of 41 things to do in Bethlehem
long island ,new york
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“very clean, lots of slots but dull!!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2009

my wife and i visited the sands twice in the last month. the casino is very clean, the employees are pleasant and friendly, and they have a good choice of slot machines. the trip is about 45min shorter than atlantic city from my home on long island. having said all that, give me atlantic city any day. their is absolutely nothing to do in bethlehem pa. after playing the slots. give me the diamond lounge at ballys and caesars, give me the board walk for a little walk. how about a nice swim in the winter at ballys or harrahs pool, a shoping spree for my wife and viewing the atlantic ocean from the pier. a nice comp room, cocktail and dinner can't beat it!!! outside of vegas that is.

2 Thank messier11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
NYC
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Okay for slots”
Reviewed September 27, 2009

If you loke slots the variety should please you. The waitress service is excellent. They are all over the casino floor.
The comps on the other hand don't compare to Atlantic City. There is no club room for those that gamble a lot and frequently. If you want to stay over a night at a close by hotel you have to pay or have it taken out of your earned comps. No free room no matter how much you play.
Free slot play for frequent visitors is a plus.

3 Thank yothewish
NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Tight slots”
Reviewed September 23, 2009

The idea of going to a "Casino" is to have fun and hope you hit it big. But no chance , well if you don't win there is no incentive on going back even some winnings are better than none. Am I, going back to Sands maybe but not so soon. The drinks are small.

5 Thank Aseneth
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 227 helpful votes
“Its a nice place, but still needs improvement.”
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My partner and I love traveling to Atlantic City and Dover Downs and opted to tryy something different. We were able to get a cheap hotel room at a nearby hotel, and figured our 30 dollar slot credit would cover the cost of the room. Apon arriving at the hotel, we were not even sure we were near the casino. There isnt much of signs or lights to tell you if you are near the casino, and its a bit far back off the main roads to get to and hard to see. They need to put of some signs and signals to let you know you are near their casino. Apon entering, the casino is beautiful. you really get the feeling you are in a steel mill. They have a variety of machines. As far as payback, they are okay. They seem a bit stingy, I guess they need the money to open up the hotel.

I am hoping the hotel will open soon and offer people, like me, who travel to atlantic City and Dover Downs, complimentary rooms. It would really give people more of an insentive to come there more often. I wasnt impress by the lack of waitresses on the floor. I hardley got any drinks there. And dont even think of trying to get a free beer at the poker bar., It aint happenin. Would I go there again? sure, If I was given enough free play to get myself another room up that way.

1 Thank tennboy1981
Brighton, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Depressing”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

The atmosphere is dull (the steaming fountain is cool though,) the restaurants (we ate at Emeril's) are just average, the exterior looks like a warehouse, the gaming is weak, etc. I really don't want to come off as a complainer, but I see absolutely no reason to go there again. I also have little hope for the future of the place given the gap between what they envision building and the realities of the clientele. I was really excited to be getting a casino which would bring some much needed young-adult nightlife to the area. I am not impressed with the result.

3 Thank jmb08