“Fun, but P.U!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun, but P.U!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

The smell of this place is overpowering.
As soon as you walk inside the casino, your senses are assaulted by an odor best described as very bad, very strong INCENSE. I've been to the Sands three times & the same putrid smell was there each time. Not sure why the powers-that-be who are in charge of this casino chose this particular scent bc it smells WORSE than stale smoke & bad perfume combined.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank Joe S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Washington DC, District of Columbia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Can't beat free drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I've been here a few times but I am not a serious gambler. My only other experiences to compare to would be Harrah's in Cherokee and a carnival cruise casino. The perk here is the free drinks. Yes, I have seen some sketchy people around here, but I am always on my guard especially in a place where people are gambling and/or drinking. The slot machines are all I really waste my money on, I have not attempted the tables. I enjoy the free drinks and it does get very smokey in there. Haven't visited the shops and the food court is (of course) overpriced. However, I will not stop visiting, it's not a terrible casino.

West Palm Beach, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Too many low class/derelicts at this casino”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This casino is ridiculous and not recommended. There are too many bussed in old foreign people who smell bad in this casino just loitering about. They stand or sit around the tables not playing and eating food out of bad?

In fact, one came and sat down right next to me at the BJ table and just sat there. She also pretending playing bj at the table including making jestures as if she was playing! What is going in this dump casino. The people at this casino look like they are mostly on food stamps and unemployed/blue collar types. Not comfortable experience. The only positive is the casino is close to the garage and clean with a decent bar. Better to go AC.

5 Thank W0rldsGreatest
ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Poor treatment here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went with my husband for an evening of gambling while in town on business. We like to sit beside each other and that was not a problem, as there were many empty seats at the machines. My husband finished with his machine and was waiting for me to finish when he was approached by a security guard who said to him, "either gamble or get out". We were both shocked by his comment. My husband had been sitting beside me waiting for only a couple of minutes. (Which he wouldn't have done if there had been people wanting to play.) We decided to "get out" as this treatment was unfounded and extremely rude, but not before we filed a complaint to the security supervisor. While we were waiting for him to arrive, another couple joined us who said they had just had the exact same experience. What was unbelievable to us, were the many "bus" people who were sitting at machines eating...and not gambling, with no security personnel bothering them!
The security supervisor said that his staff was directed to tell people to play or leave. Really?? I don't think this casino will survive by treating "paying" customers this way.

Visited May 2013
12 Thank Luv2travel089
coplay,pa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“what a dump”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

my first and only visit to the sands a creeping place with what seems to be a lot of useless security.lot of creeping people wandering around i wont say the type but there all over the place. they creep up to u close and always seem to be arguing amongst each other . saw 4 arguments in 20 minutes. i felt like i was going to be mugged or pickpocketed every couple minutes. clean your place up would never go again. tried to find solace in the stores which were for the most part empty . i could see why only one store had any customer service and everything is overpriced by a huge amount. coulndt have bethlehem brought something useful to the old steel yard indeed a said place to see with this brand new awful place in the middle of the fields which were once a thriving and useful area.

4 Thank jdhockin