“Great for a nearby casino”
Review of Sands Casino

Sands Casino
Ranked #3 of 44 things to do in Bethlehem
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My mother was staying with me for a few days and asked me to take her to the Sands casino, so we, along with my daughter, visited the casino on a Monday afternoon. I had received a postcard in the mail with $30 food comp if I signed up for a Sands card, which I did - the process was quick and easy. The casino has an abundance of penny slots (which require 30-40 cents for a minimum bet) and a variety of many different slot machine games. My daughter and I wanted to play craps which only had two tables open - minimum bet $10. For a quiet Monday afternoon shouldn't there have been a $5 craps table available? We are not big gamblers, so we visited the stores which were adjacent to the casino - excellent selection of stores/merchandise. We ate at the Food court and tried Cronuts for the first time. The Sands is comparable to an AC or Vegas casino but on a smaller scale and much closer in location to me.

1  Thank hixercise

Reviewed August 9, 2013

(1) The casino is very smoky. There's a non-smoking section but it's not physically separated so you can still smell smoke on that side. Many of the table games are on the smoking side only, so there's no way to play at a smoke-free table.

(2) The table games were crowded, even on a Wednesday night. Seems like they had enough players to warrant more dealers. They certainly had no lack of empty tables.

(3) I think the table minimums were high. Our baccarat table was $25. They might have had lower-min tables, and I didn't check very carefully, but even if they existed they were all full so you couldn't play there anyway.

(4) Slot odds not disclosed. Non-disclosure is typical for casinos, but it's still anti-customer, and I always remove one star for casinos which don't deign to share the odds with their customers. Even with the lottery, which has terrible odds, the odds are printed clearly on the back of the ticket.

1  Thank MichaelBluejay
Reviewed August 8, 2013

sands & co gift shop refuses to accept returns or exchanges., very unusual for this kind of store. they must be pretty desparate for business. stuck with a hundred dollar coat which was too large. employees not at all undewrstanding

2  Thank Gerard T
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Casino concert hall was comfortable and very east to get into. The casino was the same as all but fun and parking was abundant.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were very impressed by the size and beauty of the Sands Casino. There are an numerous high quality restaurants and a very nice mini-mall of shops in, and adjacent to the casino. An indication of the popularity of the casino was how packed the casino was with al the table sites filled with gamblers and the slots were also packed.