“Wish we would have stopped in sooner”

Bolete Restaurant and Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Bolete Restaurant and Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 360 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Emmaus Ave
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We're from Bethlehem and have driven by a hundred times. We normally enjoy reservations but thought we would take a chance and stop in for a seat at the bar and they did not disappoint. the hostess was welcoming (opposed to the sometimes off putting "do you have a reservation" and the look of disappointment if you say "no") We had 2 great seats at the bar and experience was 5 star from beginning to end. We you ask to split something, they do it in the kitchen and bring out portioned on 2 plates (instead of the full portion and 2 empty plates) I ordered a medium rare steak that was done perfectly to temperature and Carmen ordered the hailbut that finished completely (which is rare...she's a halfer...eat half take half home) We finished with a goat cheese cheesecake that was complex and balanced. Everyone on the staff from beginning to end was professional, welcoming and attentive. WE ARE HUGE FANS OF THIS BETHLEHEM TREASURE and you can count on us returning every opportunity possible

1  Thank RexAllen

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Although Bolete is in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, it draws diners from a wide area. It is worth the drive and even an overnight stopover in Bethlehem. Beautiful old stone former stage coach stop over 300 years old - but the food is perfect for today. A unique surf and turf appetizer was oysters and carpaccio. Another appetizer of smoked trout with a variety of mushrooms, including a purée of porcini that was heavenly. We have a hard time deciding on main courses and settled on rabbit loin wrapped in bacon and a duck breast/duck confit entree. Both were delicious. The owner are a couple with a long restaurant background, he in the kitchen and she in the front of the house.

1  Thank Candyk10
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Seriously folks, this place deserves a star. Equal to the Thomas Keller's Bouchon in Yountville, California.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife and I went to Bolete for a pre-concert meal after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. We were thoroughly impressed. First, the restaurant's decor is quaint, and the dinner music was superb (Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, etc..). We later found out it was the owner's "mix" from their wedding, which made our romantic date even better! The wine list was good enough..a nice mix of wines..we opted for a Nero D'Avola (which is a rare find unless you are in an Italian restaurant). I ordered the sweet-breads appetizer and my wife had the fingerling potatoes. The sweetbreads were interesting; the potatoes, DIVINE! My wife ordered the ribeye with beet spaetzel and horseradish foam…she commented that it was perfect (I tried it too and I concur). I had the rabbit with tomatoes. Once again, fantastic. We finished our dinner off with the butterscotch pudding based on recommendations from our server. We were not disappointed…it was absolutely perfect…not overly sweet! We will be back. Thank you, Bolete for a memorable meal!

1  Thank Flyrodtrouter
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Bolete is an experience not to be missed! It is actually the kind of place you should plan your trip around. My husband and I sat on the back patio which was quaint and reminded us of time we had spent in Italy at family run establishments. The food hands down some of the best I have ever had. We ordered from the tasting menu and we were delighted with each and every course! The wine pairings were exquisite and brought out the flavor of the food even more. The wait staff only added to this already wonderful experience.