“Best food in Bethlehem”

Bolete Restaurant and Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Bolete Restaurant and Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 348 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cross street: E Emmaus Ave
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Best food in Bethlehem”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food is fabulous, unique and quite special. Great cocktails, wine and the service is terrific. It's fun to sit in the bar, great for a date night in the dining room and we've had private parties there as well.

• Visited May 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“AMAZING - One of the best restaurants anywhere in last couple of years”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

WOW, Bolete is a remarkable restaurant. My family goes there each year as part of the BAch Festival and each year the restaurant is amazing. The menu is never the same and focuses on local, in-season foods. We went to Lima, Peru this year and went to a couple of world ranked restaurants that paled in comparison to Bolete. Attentive, personal service. Great wine list and interesting mixed drinks. On our last visit, Bolete was serving a mushroom barley soup that was astounding. Rich, multi-layers of flavos - incredibly good. We will go out of our way to go near Bethlehem to savor Bolete - am only sorry they don't have a branch near our home in Boston. The dining area and bar are in an old Inn and are casual, not elegant. I can not tell you how impressed I am with the couple that owns/runs Bolete. Every item we had on the menu was amazing. WOW!!!!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank frugalyankee
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Seasonal ingredients that are highlighted and prepared to perfection. A breath of fresh culinary air, a true delight to have in the Valley. Thank you!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Susan B
Harrison, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

After reading the glowing reviews we tried this restaurant. We were greatly disappointed between the walls which needed a new paint job to the long wait between the appetizers and the main entrees which the steak was served cold. The portion sizes were too small for the prices.

• Visited March 2014
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mmmmmmmmmmmm....”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Each time I dine at Bolete, I am served a meal I've never had before...usually because of the way the meal is prepare and exactly what's in the dish. Asparagus soup in May is (I can't believe I even ordered it- didn't think it was my "style") so amazingly delicious. The butterscotch pudding is so amazing it is unshareable. Seriously. Each plate is crafted in such a different, surprising, fresh and incredibly delectable way. Conversation goes on beforehand as well as after the meal. But during the meal, our table is always quiet with the exception of many whispered "wow!"s. I've been there when it's busy and I don't find service to be slow, although during my last meal our waiter disappeared. While it's pricey, it is well worth it. You won't taste food like this anywhere else!

• Visited November 2013