“Spectacularly creative and delicious!”

Bolete Restaurant and Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Bolete Restaurant and Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 358 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Emmaus Ave
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Bolete is by far the best restaurant in the entire Lehigh Valley. We've been there numerous times, including once for their special 3-hour tasting menu--an overwhelming experience--squash soup to snails to mushrooms to fresh herbs to scallops to beef tenderloin and more--each presentation so beautifully and inventively prepared. There is a wonderful generous energy to this place by everyone from chef to wait staff. Understated historic ambiance with the best cuisine...like a trip to Provence. We were there a few weeks ago for my birthday (my precocious 5-year old granddaughter loved the experience--even tried snails, and managed to participate throughout the 3-hr tasting event, eager to see what would be the next surprise brought from the kitchen) and other times we've been there just because we wanted a perfect dining experience (reg. menu) with friends and family.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

we went at least 5 times after the widespreadreviews were so positive and some national magazine food critic (admittedly already familiar with the chef) promoted it. my sister in NJ had even heard of it. it is good, but on a bigger stage than just the Lehigh Valley, not even close. a drive to the main line is only twice as long to yield much better fare. quaint, romantic building, but good is as far as I'll go on the food. the service is at times rather rude. Rather a nice dinner for this restaurant poor area, I.e. proverbial small pond....

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Bolete was on my list, finally able to get up to their location,
A foodie heaven, service was perfect. Atmosphere nice. Hope to go again one day.
A must experience.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

First time at Bolete for Sunday Brunch, what a treat. Starting with the Grape Bellinis -perfect! Much more interesting than a plain old mimosa (although theirs were fresh squeezed). The pastry dish gave us a pretty good indication of what we were in for savory cheese puffs, sweet biscotti with lots of goodies added in and the muffin was what gingerbread? Carrot cake? We didn't know, it was just a perfect fall flavor. First course for me was the farm fresh peach salad, with peach reduction dressing, my husband had the butternut squash soup. Mine Summer, his Autumn. Both were so good ( we had to share) flavors put together so well. Things we had never eaten before felt like coming home. Second courses were the 3 egg with sausage, bacon home fries( really good ones) and brioch toast. My husband had the lobster salad sandwich , he wasn't sharing so I assume it was THAT good. Presented on a freshly baked homemade roll with a side of home made potato chips, made sure I tried these, best I've ever had. We cleaned our plates but were a little too full to go for the dessert. The portion size I thought was good, not a small decoration in the middle of the plate, but not so much that you couldn't get out of your chair. And everything was beautifully plated. The waitstaff was attentive and knowledgeable. They seemed invested in our having a good experience, excited to tell us about their food.Everyone seemed happy to work there and they did a wonderful job taking care of us. One caveat, this is fresh made to order food so if you expect to get in and out of there under an hour, don't bother. They need time to prepare it, you need time to enjoy it.This is no Applebee's here. This is fine dining at it' s best, can't wait to try dinner. Thank you Bolete for a wonderful start to our Sunday! Ps. Great drinks, wine and beer list is premium. Do go and enjoy this wonderful place ( and bring some extra do,-re-mi ) ENJOY....

1  Thank Rosemary W
Reviewed September 8, 2013

There aren't a ton of fantastic restaurants in the Valley, although in recent years the number has been trending in the right direction. Bolete is a restaurant that definitely fits into that category.
We recently dined at Bolete and chose to dine outside. Although Bolete is on the corner of a very busy intersection and has a relatively small property size, our delightful hostess walked us outside around the building down a little stone sidewalk to a small private courtyard surrounded by large, tall shrubs. Some of the road noise was evident occasionally, but the courtyard was so cute and the meal was so good we hardly noticed.
Let's start with the service - top notch. Everyone is so friendly and knowledgeable. The menu had such interesting choices. We decided on somthing called a "frugal Friday" meal, which included an appetizer, entree and dessert. The scallop entree was fantastic, and the butterscotch pudding was to die for. The appetizer was a delicious salad choice and we also ordered the truffle oil pomme frites - a great choice and relatively inexpensive.
They have a great wine and beer selection. After a beer I switched to iced tea. A nice touch: instead of providing you with sugar packets, they make their own simple syrup to sweeten your beverages.
I have heard that their Sunday brunch is great, I'll be going back soon!

2  Thank Brewhound