“Below My Expectations”

Bolete Restaurant and Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Bolete Restaurant and Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 360 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Emmaus Ave
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My spouse and I and another couple visited Bolete in late June. The reservation was made in reliance upon many recommendations. Our dinner began at the bar, as our table was not yet ready. We had glasses of very nice wine while awaiting our table. when we finally reached our table, we ordered chilled Wellfleet oysters,a local summer gazpacho (nice), and tempura stuffed squash blossoms (excellent). Unfortunately, our entrees, seared Long Island duck breast and seared day boat Alaskan halibut, were entirely unmemorable. In fairness, the entree menu was very adventuresome insofar as the items that arrived with our entrees. But, I kept thinking, was that the problem.... It certainly struck me that way, as if thdere were too many accompanyments to each dish---or this restuarant was bathing too much in its (well deserved, I'm told) reputation. The wine list was fantastic and probably worth a visit on its own merits. Hopefully when we return, the entire experience will be also.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had brunch at Bolete, and it was PERFECT! The service, the food and the general ambience---all quite womderfull. Certainly a sophisticated dining experience. We'll be back

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Perfect. Perfect service. Perfect food. Worth every one of the many many pennie(s) that this unbelievable meal costs. I could not have picked a more PERFECT place to celebrate a milestone birthday. I mean this. My name is not "fussy" for nothing! Nothing has really come close since Philadelphia's Le Bec Fin in its hayday. Perfect indeed.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We've eaten here several times, but ... sadly ... no more.
The appetizers are always fine; the presentation is outstanding.
Yet, the entree...that's where there is a strong disagreement for us with the chef.
The sauces the chef delights in preparing overshadow the delicious meat, fish or fowl he has so nicely prepared.
We've been and won't go again.

1  Thank Jerry G
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have been here for both of our anniversary dinners. It's great for a special occasion, because the food and service are consistently very good and also you get the personal attention of a small restaurant. The food is based on fresh, seasonal ingredients, and is always interesting. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it for the experience.

1  Thank BrianE1972