“What more can I (or anyone) say?”

Bolete Restaurant and Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Bolete Restaurant and Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 358 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Emmaus Ave
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Perfect. Perfect service. Perfect food. Worth every one of the many many pennie(s) that this unbelievable meal costs. I could not have picked a more PERFECT place to celebrate a milestone birthday. I mean this. My name is not "fussy" for nothing! Nothing has really come close since Philadelphia's Le Bec Fin in its hayday. Perfect indeed.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We've eaten here several times, but ... sadly ... no more.
The appetizers are always fine; the presentation is outstanding.
Yet, the entree...that's where there is a strong disagreement for us with the chef.
The sauces the chef delights in preparing overshadow the delicious meat, fish or fowl he has so nicely prepared.
We've been and won't go again.

1  Thank Jerry G
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have been here for both of our anniversary dinners. It's great for a special occasion, because the food and service are consistently very good and also you get the personal attention of a small restaurant. The food is based on fresh, seasonal ingredients, and is always interesting. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it for the experience.

1  Thank BrianE1972
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The old inn that houses this restaurant is lovingly kept and it is a real treasure to have a farm to table restaurant in the Lehigh Valley run by such a passionate couple. The menu is inventive and the presentation of the food is a delight. A good place for a special dinner. Their homemade rolls and salted butter are a nice touch.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Yesterday was my girlfriend's birthday, and we celebrated by having brunch at Bolete. We had a wonderful time.

The building is an old farmhouse, so the ambience is warm, cozy and inviting, despite being a little cramped. It is utterly charming.

We started with a round of drinks: The round included a "Ghost of Mary" which was delightful; a glass of roasted grapefruit juice, which had a very interesting, complex flavor and a "Grey Wolf" (I think that's what it was called). I had a Diet Coke because I was the designated driver.

For the first course, the two ladies shared gazpacho, which they enjoyed very much. The other gent and I shared an order of oysters, which were were served with slivered shiitake mushrooms and scallions instead of the usual cocktail sauce. They were very good oysters.

For the second course, my girlfriend and I both had the Eggs Chizmar, which is poached eggs with fried mushrooms, guanciale and hollandaise. The chef was kind enough to substitute the potatoes and buttermilk biscuit with some green vegetables for me due to my dietary restrictions.

Others at the table had the beef and beet tartare and the lobster roll.

All four of us enjoyed a cup of coffee after the meal, and the coffee was also above average.

All of the food was beautifully prepared, and the flavors were rich yet subtle. It was an absolutely lovely meal.

Our server, Rebekah, was lovely and patient, and she handled my dietary issues deftly and discreetly.

I'd eaten at Bolete once before when it first opened, and I had a lovely time. I'm sorry it took me so long to go back. I won't make that mistake again.

2  Thank ARWhite