“Sick!”

Mama Nina's
Ranked #15 of 355 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Since this place changed owners it has gone down hill! The owner is so rude and the wait staff has the worst attitude. I ordered the chicken Marsala and there was a piece of Brillo in it I complained and the owner told me i put it in there to get free food!!! Who would say something like that!! Then we said ok let's just have dessert give them the benefit of the doubt they said they don't serve dessert on the weekend cuz it's too busy and they need to flip there tables to make money!! I was furious we ended up just paying and leaving never returning if u want good food try thats amore on schoenersville rd they know what there doing!

2  Thank Btowngirl1

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My mother and I stopped in for an early dinner. I ordered a salad and an appetizer, not intending to overeat. The salad alone would have been a meal, and the appetizer would have served two as an entree! Both were delicious (the spinach salad with fresh mozzarella and garlic was awesome, as were the crab stuffed portobello mushrooms). My mom got a basic pizza which she said was fine, but just didn't look all that great somehow. Although we weren't able to buy a glass of wine, they offered one complimentary glass with dinner. The service was great, the atmosphere crowded, but pleasant, and the prices were more than reasonable considering the portion size. Every dish I saw looked huge, so keep that in mind when ordering.

4  Thank ecclectic-eccentric
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food was fair but the staff was rude and very unpleasant. Was not greeted upon arrival and took awhile to get a table as well a any attention once seated. the food was fair for the price but felt that I should have blocked out half the day just for lunch.

2  Thank FamilyMemories27
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were frequenters of Mama Nina's since it opened several years ago. In the last year (or two), ownership changed hands and while it's still a solid dining experience for main street Bethlehem, both the service and quality of the dishes have unfortunately seen a slight downward shift. Server had just started the job, so we'll give a pass there, given how tight the tables are inside, it can't be easy to navigate carrying food for a pro server. Staff is still very courteous, we went on a weeknight and didn't have to wait to get in either despite it being busy inside and outside.

Overall, would consider a return trip in a few months to see if service and food improve. We've been there a handful of times under new ownership, and given past history, would definitely give it another shot.

If you want wine, don't forget to bring your own, it is BYOB.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Authentic Italian food. Good prices. Great wait staff. Clean. Garlic knots are really garlicky...and free.

3  Thank SGTAS