“The Best Italian in the Lehigh Valley!”
Review of Mama Nina's

Mama Nina's
Ranked #15 of 355 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place rocks. My heritage being Italian, my dad goes crazy over the bread topped with fresh garlic and olive oil. The atmosphere always crowded and buzzing. Food is dependably good!

4  Thank michelle o

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The waitress acted as if she had never heard of take out, but then pushed us to a corner of the street to view the menu and make our selections. We were then told it was going to take 30 mins for our meal. Ok fine, they were a little busy and it did needed to be prepared and packaged up to go. After 30 mins of waiting on the street for our food it still wasn't done and the waitress told us to walk around and come back! I live in the area, and as much as I love downtown Bethlehem, I have seen all the places before and really didn't want to go window shopping, I wanted our food so I could bring it home to our starving family waiting at home. The reason we did take out instead of eating there is that it was getting late and everyone was exhausted from a really busy week.

After another 30 mins our waitress told us our order was ready and she just needed to go get it. Gave her my card for payment, and she took another 15 mins to bring me the slip to sign, and still didn't have our food in hand. We waited another 10 mins for it and finally got to leave. So, we waited an hour and 25 mins for takeout.. Never again. and I would go to eat in either, b/c I can't stand rude waitresses!

The food was ok, but not worth the wait, and it was really expensive!

1  Thank SK989
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The food at Mama Nina's is so incredible and the portions are out of this world. When my husband and I left, we were thinking about when we could go again.

3  Thank Gretchen D
Reviewed August 11, 2012

A quick lunch in Mama Nina's began with a rude hostess, shortly followed by the busboy cracking his elbow into my husband's head. No apology or even an acknowledgement from the busboy was quite shocking. Lunch was very tasty, but continued observations of bad-attitude staffers dampened the experience. One waitress loudly complained about recent management decisions over my shoulder to a colleague, followed by a "that's not my job" comment in the direction of another. The experience was topped by a man who seemed to be the owner nearly running me down as I was walking back to my table; I stepped to the side as a courtesy and he not only allowed me to, (as a middle-aged man, he should certainly have better manners...not to mention, I'm a customer) but he didn't even acknowledge the gesture.

Overall, I'd love to go back and try the pizza (it looked amazing) but I think we will spend our time and money at a place that appreciates having customers.

1  Thank AshandKyleDC
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Everytime we visit Allentown, PA we make sure to visit Mama Nina's. My favorite dish is the Penne Alla Vodka! The portions are huge and we ALWAYS receive great service and the place is always packed (obviously for a reason). The servers do an amazing job keeping customers happy in such a small place. The house red is also surprisingly good. Can't wait to visit again!

3  Thank 14mom